Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Good for you, I am glad to see you embrace the philosophy of "If no one showers you with flattery, do it yourself!"

Hope it is working out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by jimthefin
    Hope it is working out for you.
    Working very well, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mass_SkinsFan
    Working very well, thank you.

Well you loser, sell out, even if the Sox dont' win the series, they are definately giving the Skanks a run for their money.

Getting to Rivera on back to back nights, Back to back game ending hits by David Ortiz.

I hope you're still happy with your pinstripes.

Quote Originally Posted by VikingFan2k2
    Well you loser, sell out, even if the Sox dont' win the series, they are definately giving the Skanks a run for their money.

Getting to Rivera on back to back nights, Back to back game ending hits by David Ortiz.

I hope you're still happy with your pinstripes.
    They're only delaying the inevitable. There is a reason no team has ever come back from down 3-0 to win a LCS. Yes, I'm very happy with the Pinstripes.

jim, don't even try and lump this guy in as a "typical sox fan". He's a disgrace not only to sox fans, but to anyone who has ever been a true fan of any team.

Mass has stated in the past that he would rather watch a team of professional football players play a team of cripples than watch a good hard-nosed game that could go either way.

Mass, just get a plain white hat, attach some velcro to the front of it. That way you can just buy a patch to velcro on the front of it each year with the team who wins the World Series. It'll be a nice return on your emotional investment and that way you never have to "root" for a loser again!
    What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?

Keep on hexing your new team Mass!!!

Hey Mass, ever thought about becoming a Wolverines fan? :D

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSeahawk
    Hey Mass, ever thought about becoming a Wolverines fan? :D
    Well, we don't need him to convert to curse the Buckeyes! :eek: :D ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan 55
    jim, don't even try and lump this guy in as a "typical sox fan". He's a disgrace not only to sox fans, but to anyone who has ever been a true fan of any team.
    Disgrace? If you're looking for disgraces, how about a porfessional sports franchise that hasn't won a championship in nearly NINETY YEARS. That's disgraceful in my mind.

Mass has stated in the past that he would rather watch a team of professional football players play a team of cripples than watch a good hard-nosed game that could go either way.
    D@mn right. Sports are about WINNING, not competition and always will be.

Mass, just get a plain white hat, attach some velcro to the front of it. That way you can just buy a patch to velcro on the front of it each year with the team who wins the World Series. It'll be a nice return on your emotional investment and that way you never have to "root" for a loser again!
    Nah. Too much time and energy involved in that. Besides, in your scenario there isn't the opportunity to laugh in the face of the losers as the season progresses. I'll stick with the team that wins on a regular basis and replaces it's injured/incapable players with potential HOF caliber players on a yearly basis. Thanks for the advice though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mass_SkinsFan
    flyerhawk, I've done the "root for your team through thick and thin" thing. Done it for 30 years. Eventually intelligent people realize that nothing is ever going to change. Now there are two things that a person can do when faced with that reality.... Intelligent, knowledgable people distance themselves from that team as quickly and completely as possible. Red Sox fans turn away from the realization and say to the men with the cattle prods "Thank you Sirs,. May I have another?" Not very bright in my opinion.
    This is pretty funny coming from the guy who grew up in Mass and realized that the Patriots were losers and always would be, so he adopted the Skins.

Nothing EVER changes.
    All that is gold does not glitter
    *Not all who wander are lost*
    The Old that is strong does not wither
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost

Mass Skins = Randy Quaid in the movie Major League

Like I said, I feel sorry for you. So what if they break my heart once again tonight? Rather hold on to my irrational love of this baseball team & have my heart broken, then jump ship & have them finally get it done.

For me, Underdog, Q & even Cane( who deep down I know is living & dying with every pitch), it's gonna be a special night for us. Would of been for you too, but like it or not, deep down you know you bailed & it will be an empty feeling if they do win.

The wagon is full, no one else is allowed on...

Q: Is there a form you have to fill out or some official conversion process you have to go through to become a Yankee fan?

A: This depends on several things. If you were born in New York and didn't have strong ties to any team before your conversion, you're allowed a free pass to become a Yankees fan. If you move to New York at a young age before developing any strong sports allegiances you're also allowed a free pass. If you fit into any of the previous catagories but are a Mets fan, there is a lengthy process to go through but it's not all that difficult. You have to start by telling your friends and family that you don't mind seeing the Yankees win as long as they aren't playing the Mets. "If the Mets can't win we should root for the team from New York." That process should continue for at least a year or two, at which time you subtley start to slip Yankees paraphenelia into your wardrobe. You then start to watch Yankee and Mets games equally, while developing a strong hatred of Boston fans. Eventually you're required to publically admit you're now a Yankee fan, but it happens a lot so no one gets really upset when you do.

If you're a RedSox fan the conversion is seldom performed and few people know the true gorey details of the process. I've only heard bits and pieces about the process myself, but rumor has it part of the conversion involves sodomizing a dog while admitting you're a chicken $#!t who would rather forego the respect of your friends and family to root for a winner than have any true team loyalty. If the Sox do at any point in your lifetime win a World Series, if you attempt to jump back on the RedSox bandwagon along the way you will be viewed as the lowest form of human life. In Massachusetts it's acceptable grounds for a divorce. Your spouse will get everything and you won't be given any visitation rights with your children.

The only other acceptable way to convert from a Sox fan to a Yankee fan is to come home and find your wife performing fellatio on a Sox player. If that occurs you're allowed to convert, but it's expected that your friends and family will still call you an unloyal traitor behind your back. All true RedSox fans know that in that situation the correct response isn't to get upset, but to instead try to get free tickets. "Sorry if my wife isn't very good at that. When she's done can I get you a beer?"
    Last edited by Dave; 10-20-2004 at 01:59 PM.
    The cake is a lie. I'm pretty sure the numbers in the pie chart are made up too.

BJW, you said it right. Even if I get my heart broken again tonight, this team makes me proud. They did the impossible already and showed the true measure of their character. I am proud of these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    Q: Is there a form you have to fill out or some official conversion process you have to go through to become a Yankee fan?

A: This depends on several things. If you were born in New York and didn't have strong ties to any team before your conversion, you're allowed a free pass to become a Yankees fan. If you move to New York at a young age before developing any strong sports allegiances you're also allowed a free pass. If you fit into any of the previous catagories but are a Mets fan, there is a lengthy process to go through but it's not all that difficult. You have to start by telling your friends and family that you don't mind seeing the Yankees win as long as they aren't playing the Mets. "If the Mets can't win we should root for the team from New York." That process should continue for at least a year or two, at which time you subtley start to slip Yankees paraphenelia into your wardrobe. You then start to watch Yankee and Mets games equally, while developing a strong hatred of Boston fans. Eventually you're required to publically admit you're now a Yankee fan, but it happens a lot so no one gets really upset when you do.

If you're a RedSox fan the conversion is seldom performed and few people know the true gorey details of the process. I've only heard bits and pieces about the process myself, but rumor has it part of the conversion involves sodomizing a dog while admitting you're a chicken $#!t who would rather forego the respect of your friends and family to root for a winner than have any true team loyalty. If the Sox do at any point in your lifetime win a World Series, if you attempt to jump back on the RedSox bandwagon along the way you will be viewed as the lowest form of human life. In Massachusetts it's acceptable grounds for a divorce. Your spouse will get everything and you won't be given any visitation rights with your children.

The only other acceptable way to convert from a Sox fan to a Yankee fan is to come home and find your wife performing fellatio on a Sox player. If that occurs you're allowed to convert, but it's expected that your friends and family will still call you an unloyal traitor behind your back. All true RedSox fans know that in that situation the correct response isn't to get upset, but to instead try to get free tickets. "Sorry if my wife isn't very good at that. When she's done can I get you a beer?"
    Post of the year right here. Nice work. Dave for October POTM in a walk after this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    Well, considering that I am not married, the divorce part of your post doesn't apply to me. Hell, I am sure that both my roommates would love it if I never watched another sporting event. Also, I really don't give a crap what anyone else thinks of me, so that portion of your post is unimportant as well. I'll have to see if anyone else outside this site knows more of the details of the conversion process, since nobody here seems to. Thanks for the information though.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast