Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    59,924
    Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryHawkFan View Post
    or make emotional arguments (I give you 2 weeks)
    None.

    As for the other thing:

    What's the wager?
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

    "Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    46,038
    Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    None.

    As for the other thing:

    What's the wager?
    I'm teasing myself with not 'going over' either (I'll get so much more stuff done!), but the real test will come at 11:30 on some Wednesday night when I'm bored, and jonesing for some online drama.

    I don't give myself much more than two weeks either.
    "the blade itself incites to violence." - Homer

    --

    "There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - Kung fu Monkey

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    46,038
    Oh and bullschnit. (on the no emotional arguments) :)
    "the blade itself incites to violence." - Homer

    --

    "There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - Kung fu Monkey

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The peanut gallery....
    Posts
    38,576
    Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryHawkFan View Post
    I'm teasing myself with not 'going over' either (I'll get so much more stuff done!), but the real test will come at 11:30 on some Wednesday night when I'm bored, and jonesing for some online drama.

    I don't give myself much more than two weeks either.
    Yeah...I thought it might be the end of the line for me too...then I found myself posting on hoopla and deleting KFFL bookmarks....now I am back here...

    Goddamn you all keep pulling me back in...even your stupid "I-Don't-Watch-No-NBA" posts, Q....
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    59,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyped View Post
    Yeah...I thought it might be the end of the line for me too...then I found myself posting on hoopla and deleting KFFL bookmarks....now I am back here...

    Goddamn you all keep pulling me back in...even your stupid "I-Don't-Watch-No-NBA" posts, Q....
    It's a fact. My friends laugh their asses off with how I position myself when we go to sports bars. They're like "wow, you're really serious about not catching even a second of a game, aren't you?"
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

    "Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    59,924
    Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryHawkFan View Post
    I'm teasing myself with not 'going over' either (I'll get so much more stuff done!), but the real test will come at 11:30 on some Wednesday night when I'm bored, and jonesing for some online drama.

    I don't give myself much more than two weeks either.
    Yes, the hardest part is just kicking the habit because every time I'll hit "K" first on my browser address bar, KFFL will pop up.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

    "Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    46,038
    Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    Yes, the hardest part is just kicking the habit because every time I'll hit "K" first on my browser address bar, KFFL will pop up.
    Heh, see you're sunk already. If you were serious, you'd have deleted all your posting history/cookies already. :)
    "the blade itself incites to violence." - Homer

    --

    "There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - Kung fu Monkey

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    59,924
    Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryHawkFan View Post
    Heh, see you're sunk already. If you were serious, you'd have deleted all your posting history/cookies already. :)
    Still have a fantasy league that we operate almost exclusively from our forum here.

    I'm kinda hoping it just becomes an email league (despite my love to smack talk :) )
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

    "Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Posts
    64,169
    I am the king!
    They say that love is more important than money, but have you ever tried to pay your bills with a hug?

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    59,924
    Not for Long. lol
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

    "Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    I don't know
    Posts
    3,294
    Quote Originally Posted by Draft Crazy View Post
    I am the king!
    I am the walrus, goo goo g'joob g'goo goo g'joob.
    “Here’s to alcohol: the cause of, and solution to, all of life’s problems.”

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Puyallup, Washington
    Posts
    28,831

    And the post padding winners with no life are:

    Quote Originally Posted by Draft Crazy View Post
    I am the king!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    Not for Long. lol
    Hello guys, league points leader checking in...

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    59,924
    Not for Long!!
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

    "Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Part of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties.