Thread: Practice Squad

Practice Squad

So far it sounds like:

Moye Wr
    Harris RB
    Mauro DE

The Steelers have signed 10 players to the team’s practice squad, the team announced today.

The Steelers signed wide receivers C.J. Goodwin and Derek Moye, offensive lineman Alejandro Villanueva, defensive backs Shaquille Richardson and Ross Ventrone, defensive linemen Josh Mauro and Nick Williams, running back Josh Harris, tight end Rob Blanchflower and linebacker Howard Jones.
    I like the group, really glad on Mauro, H. Jones making it through waivers. Surprised by no Dangerfield and no OL, but got a good group here.

I also like signing of Ex Army Ranger Villanueva, it says OL but he is a DE and had played some WR before.
    "Once I start, they'll be no stopping me."

I agree for the most part. Goodwin doesn't do much for me but like the rest of the group though Villanueva seems like a reach - we have enough "prospects" already IMO. I was hoping they'd get Moll on the PS - the guy made a lot of plays during the preseason. I guess the overall depth at ILB left him on the outside looking in.

Villanueva was an interesting pick up, if he's played wide receiver and tackle that equals tight end. Not sure what they have in mind for the kid. Wonder what he did in Afghanistan, can't imagine a guy that tall walking around the bad lands, he's a big target. Kudos to him.

If IRC Villanueva was in camp with Philly and playing on D-line not O-line/TE.

Apparently they plan to use him on the o-line.

From the PPG
    Villanueva, who turns 26 in September, played football at West Point as a wide receiver, defensive lineman and offensive tackle. He signed in May with the Philadelphia Eagles as a defensive end, but the Steelers will use him on their offensive line. He was cut by the Eagles Aug. 23.
    Last edited by Steel_Wars; 09-02-2014 at 02:40 PM.
    Nappy time.