Thread: Osweiler?

Osweiler?

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...4-1e7a9c3e2f56

Has your confidence in Osweiler go up this pre-seaon - go down or stay the same?

And - Springstein are going to trade me Osweiler so he can get back to where he belongs or not?

He is who I thought he was someone that needed to be trained . he has gotten way better than last year . I think he could win games now but I still think he needs a year or two to reach were he is a finished product .he is young

Quote Originally Posted by Mingo View Post
    http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...4-1e7a9c3e2f56

Has your confidence in Osweiler go up this pre-seaon - go down or stay the same?

And - Springstein are going to trade me Osweiler so he can get back to where he belongs or not?
    Gone up - and have you made me an offer? Probably not. ;)

I've liked Oz since day 1, but my confidence has gone up because he looks much more at home and comfortable .... I think he'd be fantastic with the starters
    My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.
    ― Ayn Rand, Anthem

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
    ― Oscar Wilde

And by the stream there cometh up on its edge, every kind of fruit-tree whose leaf fadeth not; and its fruits hath been for food, and its leaf for medicine.

- Ezekiel 47:12

Up
    To live by one manís will become the cause of all menís misery---Richard Hooker

It is obvious Osweiler got better and it looks like he has the capacity for further growth. It is jarring to watch him and then watch Peyton Manning - their games are so different. Yet - if John Elway had a formula in mind - get the kid with raw talent and teach him his approach to his trade by working in Peyton Manning's shadow - it does appear that Osweiler is picking up some Manning traits -in recognizing defenses - calling audibles - and going to secondary receivers.

It is obvious Osweiler got better and it looks like he has the capacity for further growth. It is jarring to watch him and then watch Peyton Manning - their games are so different. Yet - if John Elway had a formula in mind - get the kid with raw talent and teach him his approach to his trade by working in Peyton Manning's shadow - it does appear that Osweiler is picking up some Manning traits -in recognizing defenses - calling audibles - and going to secondary receivers.

Very good post mingo

Finally watched the 4th pre-season game. I'm putting the OLine grades here because Oswille deserves major kudos for being able to do anything behind that mess we call a 2nd string OLine.

Miller----------cut,good
    Painter--------best of the lot on that night
    Garland--------better than game 3, ugh
    Montgomery---major league missed blocks and assignments
    Cornick-------2nd straight disaster.
    Schofield-----he can't anchor, that's just the bottom line. I have not seen any improvement at all.
    Paradis-------needs a lot of work

Quote Originally Posted by Broncogreg View Post
    Finally watched the 4th pre-season game. I'm putting the OLine grades here because Oswille deserves major kudos for being able to do anything behind that mess we call a 2nd string OLine.

Miller----------cut,good
    Painter--------best of the lot on that night
    Garland--------better than game 3, ugh
    Montgomery---major league missed blocks and assignments
    Cornick-------2nd straight disaster.
    Schofield-----he can't anchor, that's just the bottom line. I have not seen any improvement at all.
    Paradis-------needs a lot of work
    I've been thinking about this. The most impressive coaching job last year was on the Oline - where two guys I had no faith in Manny Ramirez and Chris Clark played like world beaters most of the season.

On the Bronco's oline - you are shrinking the play down to microbursts of coordination. This is how best to take advantage of the way Manning plays QB - sizes things up and calls a play at the line of scrimmage. You don't need to be a sterotypical Olineman to perform as a Denver Bronco Olineman - it is not power that is at a premium - it is coorndinating the energy of the play down to the first two seconds after the snap - by then a Peyton Manning play has succeeded or failed.

The Broncos are trying to pull off a holy grail - by having the Oline coordinated like a drill team, but still anchored well enough to pick up a yard or two when needed in a power play.

Dispite the god awful backup line play I've seen - and the murky wisdom of keeping Vinston Painter on the PS - I remember doubting them last year and the coaches came through - so I will trust them this year.

Another thing I meant to say on this subject and in this thread - Osweiler is racing to learn how to handle an Oline constructed this way -and play a game that will help compliment how this Oline is trained - he looks like he is moving in that direction - which is excellent.

I believe Brock could step in and do the job if he has to.
    "All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"
    - Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

I've been thinking about this. The most impressive coaching job last year was on the Oline - where two guys I had no faith in Manny Ramirez and Chris Clark played like world beaters most of the season.

On the Bronco's oline - you are shrinking the play down to microbursts of coordination. This is how best to take advantage of the way Manning plays QB - sizes things up and calls a play at the line of scrimmage. You don't need to be a sterotypical Olineman to perform as a Denver Bronco Olineman - it is not power that is at a premium - it is coorndinating the energy of the play down to the first two seconds after the snap - by then a Peyton Manning play has succeeded or failed.

The Broncos are trying to pull off a holy grail - by having the Oline coordinated like a drill team, but still anchored well enough to pick up a yard or two when needed in a power play.

Dispite the god awful backup line play I've seen - and the murky wisdom of keeping Vinston Painter on the PS - I remember doubting them last year and the coaches came through - so I will trust them this year.

IMHO, it might be time to throw some higher picks at the OLine. And maybe get a new OLine scout, or quit listening to who has John's ear on OLine prospects.