Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ESPN Insider

Do they upsell you the option to have them pick your starting lineup for you every week? For those looking for the total "let somebody else do all my FF work for me" experience?
    "I will punch you." - Wounded Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell Green Fan View Post
    No when a company advertises that if you subscribe to their service they can provide a ranking based on your scoring system, then they provide a list with Peyton Manning ranked 18 spots behind Ray Rice, I have every reason to complain. And I got my money back.
    Again I ask...how do you know that ranking was wrong?
    "I will punch you." - Wounded Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Hyped View Post
    The advantage of having someone else do the per-ranking for you is knowing the ADP/general consensus of where players will go in the draft. I never follow the rankings perfectly, but I always draft within the top 15 players available. That way I will definitely end up with a middle of the road roster regardless...and be able to improve with in-season management.
    This is about the only reason I look at pre-draft rankings; to look at ADP and gauge where I might expect players to go so as to formulate a draft strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    Matthew Berry? The "take Vick #1 overall" guy?
    No the guy who created roto pass where you get access to a bunch of sites fairly cheap. I don't care who he likes.

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    Do they upsell you the option to have them pick your starting lineup for you every week? For those looking for the total "let somebody else do all my FF work for me" experience?
    I think they probably even have tools to do that...I don't need that kind of info.

For me...what I need is:

- ADP
    - Rankings by projected scoring as per my league's scoring settings.
    - Summaries of all players in one place.
    - Most current depth charts in one place.

I always disagree with the projections, but I do at least read up on the player summaries and see how they "came about" their projection figures (e.g. Norv Turner being in MIN = Rudolph's value increasing). The thing is that...while I disagree with their projections...their projections overall will be close enough to work with. These people do research year around and update rankings all year...which I don't have the time for even if I follow football 24/7. So, they are making "educated guesses" at best...or at least making "general consensus" kind of estimates. It is what it is...pro-bowlers suit up on Sunday and produce...the fans know it, the coaches know it, the water boy knows it....you need a lot of luck to win in FF...and by drafting per the rankings you WON'T LOSE your league...it minimizes risk and organizes your information quickly and easily.

10 years ago I was doing all the leg work.....pain in the ass especially when I make biased drafting decisions anyway, LOL.
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12