Thread: PS Game #4

PS Game #4

This game meant absolutely nothing, but I still hated to see the Steelers shut out at home.
    Next to nothing good about the game in general.
    We'll see what happens when things are for real in 10 days.

The three position areas that worry me the most going into the season is CB, WR and Punter.
    Punter should NOT be a problem to find (though for some reason it has been).
    WR worries me because I'm none to0 sure about Marcus Wheaton or Lance Moore (for different reasons).
    Heyward-Bey is a guy that "could" find himself and turn into a real threat.
    Over....CB is a MAJOR concern.
    I'm hoping they can find someone (trade or waiver wire) that is better than Blake or McLain (who is now hurt).
    We should not have been starting this season with the same bunch of CB's as last year.
    That was a mistake.

I went into TC pretty optimistic, but I leave it a lot less so.
    I'm afraid they are going to get off to another rough start.
    Hopefully....It won't be 0-4 again, as I do see a bit more potential than last year.
    Last edited by Biff97; 08-29-2014 at 04:42 PM.
    Six Time Super Bowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers!

Didn't get to see the game last night but will watch a bit of the replay tonight. All in all no way I'd keep L. Jones on the roster,
    they want to waste a year of him on PS, fine, but we want to keep best 53 on roster and he isn't one of them. Either go with 2 QBs or
    sign a young vet FA.

Instead of Steelers last PS game I got to see my Aggies whoop SCs butt. Either A&M's offense is going to be rolling this year with K. Hill or
    SC is nowhere near as good as they say because they could do nothing defensively against us. I loved it even more being it was against Spurrier who I
    can't stand.

Anyhow I don't think the cuts will be as hard as people think though could be a couple surprises. I still hope Mauro makes the roster.
    "Once I start, they'll be no stopping me."

Quote Originally Posted by BIG STEEL View Post
    Didn't get to see the game last night but will watch a bit of the replay tonight. All in all no way I'd keep L. Jones on the roster,
    they want to waste a year of him on PS, fine, but we want to keep best 53 on roster and he isn't one of them. Either go with 2 QBs or
    sign a young vet FA.

Instead of Steelers last PS game I got to see my Aggies whoop SCs butt. Either A&M's offense is going to be rolling this year with K. Hill or
    SC is nowhere near as good as they say because they could do nothing defensively against us. I loved it even more being it was against Spurrier who I
    can't stand.

Anyhow I don't think the cuts will be as hard as people think though could be a couple surprises. I still hope Mauro makes the roster.
    -----------

I agree about Landry Jones.
    PS...Yes
    Roster spot....No

This team isn't strong enough to hold a roster spot for a shaky at best QB.

I haven't watched it yet but the initial reviews are not promising offensively so I may regret wasting the DVR space on the game. Apparently we didn't even get inside the Panther's 40 yd line. That is indeed ineptitude of the highest order.

Considering what the position is worth, I've ranted far too much about the third freaking string QB. I just hope we don't waste a roster spot on the guy. We need to save some space after cut down day for WW CBs, decent Oline depth and maybe a RB.

Yeah BS - the Aggies looked good last night. Guess they don't miss JFB too much.

I think we claimed BW Webb. Is he immediately our 3rd best corner?

Quote Originally Posted by BobbleHead View Post
    I think we claimed BW Webb. Is he immediately our 3rd best corner?
    If we're picking up cast offs from one of the worst defenses in the league who is losing another CB for a four game suspension, we are in for a long year boys. We haven't stopped the run all pre season and our corners, oh well. Thought I'd see a step forward this year, wasn't expecting AFC championship game stuff but movement back toward that in the next couple years. Man do we look a long ways from that.

Quote Originally Posted by westcoast View Post
    If we're picking up cast offs from one of the worst defenses in the league who is losing another CB for a four game suspension, we are in for a long year boys. We haven't stopped the run all pre season and our corners, oh well. Thought I'd see a step forward this year, wasn't expecting AFC championship game stuff but movement back toward that in the next couple years. Man do we look a long ways from that.
    I was kidding, but you're right.

I thought about that when I saw they picked up Webb from the Cowboys.

I watched the game last night and just have a few comments:

JJ and Shazier looked good. JJ looked fast and disruptive - it was an encouraging sign.

Big Dan CAN be the man in the middle when he wants to be. Didn't always stuff the pile in there but dominated at times.

Brad Wing looked good and I think will be our punter. He has a live leg and didn't appear to tire even though our terrible offense meant he punted all night long.

Chris Carter will make the team and HOJO goes to the PS. Carter made a lot of plays. HOJO was lackluster and it shouldn't be a problem getting him on the PS.

If I had to choose between Brendan Kay and L Jones, I'd pick Kay. Even with almost no PS game experience, he moved the team better. While Jones is a statue with no mobility or pocket awareness, Kay can get out and run when things break down. He also appears unafraid to throw deep downfield - something Jones doesn't seem to want to do.

Moll looked good at ILB, I hope we can sneak him to the PS. We are insanely deep at that position.

Antwon Blake got beat bad on that long pass but otherwise had a pretty good game.

DHB may currently be the second best WR on the roster.

Dri Archer needs to run N-S more. The speed of NFL defenses doesn't allow him to run E-W and get away from everyone like he used to do in the MAC.
    Last edited by Muddler; 08-30-2014 at 03:13 PM.

I'd sign Pryor. Experiment.

I'd sign Pryor. Experiment.
    I wondered about that too but I don't know where he would fit. Doesn't seem to fit in as an NFL QB since he couldn't play us every week and is too much of a project at any other position. If we are indeed looking for a young backup QB I don't see Pryor as being the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddler View Post
    I wondered about that too but I don't know where he would fit. Doesn't seem to fit in as an NFL QB since he couldn't play us every week and is too much of a project at any other position. If we are indeed looking for a young backup QB I don't see Pryor as being the answer.
    Redzone weapon. Is he practice squad eligible? Take a chance on 6'5'' and speed. I'd rather have him than a Guy Whimper/barely useful body. Also, not sure Gradkowski or Landry Jones can win games anyway with our offense.

I was kidding, but you're right.
    BBH, I caught the sarcasm but thanks. Worrisome.

BBH, I caught the sarcasm but thanks. Worrisome.
    Chris Cook of the Niners is out there, though. He makes some bonehead plays, but is physically talented.