Who are guys who surprised you in the preseason?

Who do you think will make the final cuts that you didn't expect?
    Wouldn't it be great if we booted the 200 lawyers from the House and Senate and replaced them with economists? That way, we'd stop harming our economy with laws that would apply to the politicians, too.

Well, I'm not sure if he'll make it but the guy that really impressed me was Demontre Hurst. I thought he played really well in the preseason game. He was especially strong as a tackler and showed great instincts. He's not quite as athletic as Jennings but has a similar game, little body, big heart. I'd have no issue if here to get the nod over Hayden based on what I saw.

1. Demontre Hurst CB
    I remember seeing him last year. But he was a complete nobody to me. I know who he is now. He made a LOT of plays with the #2s. And did a couple things on STs.

2. Austen Lane DE
    I didn't know his name when TC started. He has consistently brought pressure and outplayed David Bass (who made the team last year). I don't know about his STs work, but he has been consistently productive. He also has good size at 6'6" and looks the part. I think he makes it.

3. Josh Bellamy WR
    This guy's been around a couple of TCs. And early on, he was making plays and I ignored it. He's just a guy, after all. But in every single game, he has made several catches. I doubt that he's going to make the 53, but at this point he's made enough plays on offense to be in the conversation.
    Wouldn't it be great if we booted the 200 lawyers from the House and Senate and replaced them with economists? That way, we'd stop harming our economy with laws that would apply to the politicians, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikefive View Post
    1. Demontre Hurst CB
    I remember seeing him last year. But he was a complete nobody to me. I know who he is now. He made a LOT of plays with the #2s. And did a couple things on STs.

2. Austen Lane DE
    I didn't know his name when TC started. He has consistently brought pressure and outplayed David Bass (who made the team last year). I don't know about his STs work, but he has been consistently productive. He also has good size at 6'6" and looks the part. I think he makes it.

3. Josh Bellamy WR
    This guy's been around a couple of TCs. And early on, he was making plays and I ignored it. He's just a guy, after all. But in every single game, he has made several catches. I doubt that he's going to make the 53, but at this point he's made enough plays on offense to be in the conversation.
    5'er - IF Lane is the guy I'm thinking he's been in the league for a while and has some regular season experience. Not start material however if he performed better than Bass he might end up sticking around as quality (and cheap) depth.
    The two-wheeled scourge of the streets

Josh Bellamy looked really good last night. He has a burst of speed and some moves that look good whether he's playing against scrubs or the #1's.

Dede Lattimore looked very good playing against the scrubs last night. That dude looked like he was in on about 3/4 of the plays and seemed to be in the right place at the right time most of the night. Would love to see him against the starters.

Al Louis Jean flashed at times. Looked fast and seemed to have some decent ballhawking skills.

Cornelius Washington looked like a bull-moose at the beginning of the game and then disappeared.
    "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians -- you are not like him."

-Gandhi

Oh...and Fales looked better last night. His passes seemed to have a better touch last night, a bit more zip and a lot less loopy-ness.... I finally see why the Bears coaching staff may want to hang on to him a little longer.
    "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians -- you are not like him."

-Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Bear View Post
    Josh Bellamy looked really good last night. He has a burst of speed and some moves that look good whether he's playing against scrubs or the #1's.

Dede Lattimore looked very good playing against the scrubs last night. That dude looked like he was in on about 3/4 of the plays and seemed to be in the right place at the right time most of the night. Would love to see him against the starters.

Al Louis Jean flashed at times. Looked fast and seemed to have some decent ballhawking skills.

Cornelius Washington looked like a bull-moose at the beginning of the game and then disappeared.
    I agree with your assessment of Lattimore and I'm glad you brought him up. Of course, he was making plays against the scrubs and has very little chance of making it, but that guy was productive. That's a name I don't remember seeing brought up all preseason. I'm glad he's getting some attention right now.