Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Browns vs Bears

First offensive play of the game spoke volumes for Shaun Droughn IMO. If you watch him from beginning to end, he picks up the blitzer and gets him to the ground, then he fans out to get open, Fales holds on to the ball too long and then shuttles it to Droughn who breaks what would be a tackle for loss and picks up a yard. Does he play special teams? If so... he's a lock if he wasn't already.

For a loss, this game seemed like a win to me. The Browns had their starters out there for a while and our second team O & D were playing well against them. I agree with those who say we won't be able to sneak Fales onto the PS... he played well enough where if we want him he has to make the roster. David Bass made the roster last night IMO... he was on the bubble. And I think Santonio Holmes may have played a couple of other wide receivers OFF the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kaiser View Post
    Wow, for a guy who finally got his shot to shine (only 3 carries in pre-season thus far) Isaiah Crowell looked scary good-- I don't care if he was going against of future burger flippers; that guy has size, speed, muscle. Hmm, hmm. If the Browns are foolish enough to try and sneak him onto their PS, I'd love to see Emery go pounce on that.
    Agreed. Crowell looks better than anything we have at #2. I'd snag that beast in a second (for football...not sexually).
    "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians -- you are not like him."

-Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyII View Post
    I love how people are all praising Manziel. He completed 35% of his passes against 4th stringers. And had a few good scrambles against guys who are 4th stringers to the worst rushing defense in the NFL.
    He had 3 or 4 wounded ducks flying out of his hand...is that what Grossman taught him? It seemed that Manziel couldn't get a good handle on the ball last night.

His scrambles were impressive against the 3rd stringers though....
    "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians -- you are not like him."

-Gandhi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12