Question Someone please explain to me... (limit on transactions)

1) The F'n point to having a limit on the amount of transactions each team can make?

2) How does that stupid **** improve my fantasy football experience?

Thanks.

P.S. And I don't have as big a problem with, but I also believe it to be idiotic, offering bonuses for 100 rushing yards/200 receiving yards/300 passing yards, etc. Those guys are already getting points for their yards, why is the 100th yard, for example, that much more valuable than the 99th yard? Makes no sense. If you want to elaborate here on the mental deficiencies of those people that propose this nonsense, please go ahead.
    Last edited by eaglesnut; 08-25-2014 at 06:09 PM.

1. Transaction limits - I agree. Makes no sense, other than it restricts how much you can turn over your roster, so makes the draft more important? I guess it's also a way to keep the playing field level for guys that don't spend as much time scouring the waiver wire.

2. Yardage bonuses - Completely agree. Yardage bonuses are silly, as you already get credit for the yards. Just shiny bells and whistles to make things a bit more interesting for some people. Adds luck to the equation, which I don't like at all.

In my local live redraft league....a guy last year drafted a roster with 5 49er players (Kaep, Gore, Davis, Crabtree, Boldin)...we all laughed at him. He ripped off an undefeated season (no joke)....went 14-0....and lost in the finals to someone else. The guy who won made 48 pick ups during the season...over 16 weeks..that's 3 pick ups per week.

So, the Niner fan whined whined....and we voted to limit it to 2 a week. I don't even care because I adjust to the rules whatever they may be...and the waiver wire does improve your team, but not by leaps and bounds...the difference is tiny...
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Hyped View Post
    In my local live redraft league....a guy last year drafted a roster with 5 49er players (Kaep, Gore, Davis, Crabtree, Boldin)...we all laughed at him. He ripped off an undefeated season (no joke)....went 14-0....and lost in the finals to someone else. The guy who won made 48 pick ups during the season...over 16 weeks..that's 3 pick ups per week.

So, the Niner fan whined whined....and we voted to limit it to 2 a week. I don't even care because I adjust to the rules whatever they may be...and the waiver wire does improve your team, but not by leaps and bounds...the difference is tiny...
    I could only guess that was the reasoning for this concept's existence. What was he whining about exactly? That the other guy made more moves? Moves that he too could have made had he been smarter? I just don't get it.

I made 34 moves and 37 moves in my 14man leagues last year. I see no reason to limit me to 25 moves.

Quote Originally Posted by All Hype View Post
    1. Transaction limits - I agree. Makes no sense, other than it restricts how much you can turn over your roster, so makes the draft more important? I guess it's also a way to keep the playing field level for guys that don't spend as much time scouring the waiver wire.

2. Yardage bonuses - Completely agree. Yardage bonuses are silly, as you already get credit for the yards. Just shiny bells and whistles to make things a bit more interesting for some people. Adds luck to the equation, which I don't like at all.
    Sounds like you're one of the smart ones.

Making the draft more important is something I'd support. I don't like the waiver wire in general as a way to distribute talent. But I sure don't think limiting it after the fact is better than just drafting more rounds of players in the first place.

This whole exercise has as much luck as needed already built into it. Adding "shiny bells and whistles" (perfect phrase for it) does nothing for me. A yard is a yard on the football field and off it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyped View Post

I'm interested to hear who he had in reserve to pull out a win on the 49'ers bye week.
    Desert Eagle, because some people just aren't worth shooting twice.

Samuel Colt: Inventor of the point-and-click interface.

Quote Originally Posted by AlterBridgeXIII View Post
    I'm interested to hear who he had in reserve to pull out a win on the 49'ers bye week.
    I tried to look it up, but Yahoo only showed the week 9 score...

His other players were:

Michael Bush
    Scott Chandler
    Matt Forte
    Pierre Garcon
    Greg Jennings
    Andre Johnson
    Knowshon Moreno
    Alex Smith

I think his draft went like Forte, AJ, Davis, Gore, Kaep, Crabtree...then he got lucky with Moreno, Garcon, and Boldin.
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Drafting Moreno last year wasn't luck, it was pure skill.