Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigwill View Post
    Oh, and Pete Carroll's classlessness certainly rubs off on his players.
    Just curious but what are you referring to?
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

JMR is offline defender of the high life
    Honestly, it wasn't as bad as the score. Couple of dropped passes, couple of stupid penalties. Seahawks were the better team, but the gap wasn't as wide as the score indicates.

Oh, and Pete Carroll's classlessness certainly rubs off on his players.
    Quote Originally Posted by karhu View Post
    Yep. Forget the Pistons of the '80s, forget the Yankees. Forget the Packers, which is too elemental a rivalry to be personal, really. This is my least favorite sports team ever.
    Wow, wouldn't expect such emotion either way about the Seahawks from Bears fans.

Aside from the casual fan answer of Richard Sherman, which Seattle players are classless?
    U MAD BRO??

I think they're referring to an incident where the Seahawks' punt coverage guy lit up our punt returner with a helmet to helmet shot and then celebrated excessively instead of showing any kind of remorse for such a dangerous maneuver.

That kind of pissed me off. Not a huge deal, but pretty classless.

With that said, I'm not ready to rank Seattle any where near the 1980's Pistons, etc., nor do I hold any resentment against Pete Carroll.
    "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians -- you are not like him."

-Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by karhu View Post
    Care to share some of those with a guy who only got to watch the last three quarters? 'Cause aside from our receivers getting open regularly, I didn't see anything good tonight.
    DaSuperfan pretty much hit it. They didn't have a real hard time moving the ball early on, just stalled on them hurting themselves more than anything.
    BEAR DOWN..................... AND WHILE YOU'RE DOWN THERE.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Bear View Post
    I think they're referring to an incident where the Seahawks' punt coverage guy lit up our punt returner with a helmet to helmet shot and then celebrated excessively instead of showing any kind of remorse for such a dangerous maneuver.

That kind of pissed me off. Not a huge deal, but pretty classless.

With that said, I'm not ready to rank Seattle any where near the 1980's Pistons, etc., nor do I hold any resentment against Pete Carroll.
    I saw that hit and fully expect Lockette to get a fine for it.

Quote Originally Posted by mouse View Post
    DaSuperfan pretty much hit it. They didn't have a real hard time moving the ball early on, just stalled on them hurting themselves more than anything.
    I suppose I would agree Chicago moved the ball a bit better than I figured they would. But it's also true Seattle had 4 TDs on the board before you guys crossed the 50 for the 2nd time.
    U MAD BRO??

Quote Originally Posted by JMR View Post
    I suppose I would agree Chicago moved the ball a bit better than I figured they would. But it's also true Seattle had 4 TDs on the board before you guys crossed the 50 for the 2nd time.
    And?

What's your point? Are you trying to kill other fans' optimism? To what end? What's your goal here?

And?

What's your point? Are you trying to kill other fans' optimism? To what end? What's your goal here?
    No, be optimistic all you want. I was just trying to be fair and factual and have an unemotional back & forth on one of the subjective points that I didn't totally agree with.
    U MAD BRO??

...while ignoring that one of Seattle's TDs was a 12 yard drive?

And while ignoring that one of Seattle's drives was aided by multiple dumb penalties?

Ok. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSuperfan View Post
    The first two drives the Bears offense moved the ball down the field pretty easily. First drive ended with what should have been a 40+ yard TD pass, Jeffery had the ball in his hands and the defender knocked it loose at the last second. The 2nd drive ended with a dropped pass on 3rd down in Seattle territory.
    I hope somebody points out that that throw to Jeffery was thrown short, which caused Jeffery to ease up and allowed the defender to make the play.
    Wouldn't it be great if we booted the 200 lawyers from the House and Senate and replaced them with economists? That way, we'd stop harming our economy with laws that would apply to the politicians, too.

...while ignoring that one of Seattle's TDs was a 12 yard drive?

And while ignoring that one of Seattle's drives was aided by multiple dumb penalties?

Ok. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikefive View Post
    I hope somebody points out that that throw to Jeffery was thrown short, which caused Jeffery to ease up and allowed the defender to make the play.
    Ok, fair enough guys. It's just a pre-season game that none of us will really care too much about as soon as the regular season starts. Have a good season.
    U MAD BRO??

Quote Originally Posted by PSUmtj112 View Post
    This game reminds me of all the hate I had for Tucker, Emery's drafting, and out ST's at the end of last season.
    Same here. I know it's just preseason, we shouldn't read too much into it, and all the usual disclaimers that go with that. However, through all 3 games, it sure looks a hell of a lot like last year's team. Offense looks like it could be dominant again, but not dominant enough to offset the complete horse**** defense & special teams more than about 1/2 of the time. I'm sensing another a high-scoring shootout filled 8-8 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikefive View Post
    I re-watched that play and it appeared that the ball wasn't under-thrown because Jeffery didn't slow down or break stride. The CB just had good timing to jar the ball loose from Jeffery's hands.
    "Nationalism is power hunger tempered by self-deception." - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by brh View Post
    Same here. I know it's just preseason, we shouldn't read too much into it, and all the usual disclaimers that go with that. However, through all 3 games, it sure looks a hell of a lot like last year's team. Offense looks like it could be dominant again, but not dominant enough to offset the complete horse**** defense & special teams more than about 1/2 of the time. I'm sensing another a high-scoring shootout filled 8-8 season.
    I concur. This team is good enough to win some games but we're not going to unseat GB so long as Rodgers is around.
    Darkness can only be lit, not fought.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123