Here are my observations:
1. 27 count em 27 accepted penalties in the game for both teams. 36 flags thrown. Now consider there were 133 plays total in the game that says that every 4th play there is a flag. Sorry but this is unwatchable. Now every time a play happens I have to look at the little box in the corner and hope there is no little yellow flag on the play. Terrible way to watch football and its also very difficult to judge what you have as a team.
2. Mathew Tucker should make this team, he looked good last night, in fact quite honestly everything I have seen from this kid over the past two camps says he should be good. I would go with Shady, Sproles, Tucker and Barner. Polk can't make the team in the training room.
3. I wouldn't be surprise if we pickup a middle linebacker after other teams start cutting players beyond Kendricks and Ryans I am not seeing too much there.
4. I don't understand Chip, why did he let Parkley only kick off twice and kick one extra point? Why not let him try the field goal in the second half and handle all the kick offs. Very strange. I don't think Parkley makes the team Henry will be our kicker this year
5. Todd Heremens is playing like a man that is being pushed by players like Matt Tobin and he is responding
6. How do two offensive lineman and Sproles all fall down on the same play? Tough Int for Foles on that one, its a spot throw. Its hard to fault him on that. IN fact of the three ints he has thrown this offseason one was a ball that Johnson dropped, now this one that the receiver falls down.
7. Have to love the way Brent Celek plays, he seems to fire up the offense every time he catches one of those over the middle throws. I am worried he is going to get hurt at some point.
8. Having watch Josey in college he has not got his burst back, he is a practice squad candidate.
9. Marcus Smith has a nice motor, he needs to learn some pass rush moves, his coverage skills are pretty good though. I think he is going to be "red" Shirted this year.