La Confora on Gase

It is very difficult to gauge an offensive coordinator who has Peyton Manning as his QB ... if I'm an NFL GM in 2014-15, I'm not sure I'd go in this direction ...

He might have what it takes, but he's too much of an enigma at this point with Manning running the show
    Last edited by lucas707; 08-22-2014 at 04:11 AM.
    My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.
    ― Ayn Rand, Anthem

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
    ― Oscar Wilde

And by the stream there cometh up on its edge, every kind of fruit-tree whose leaf fadeth not; and its fruits hath been for food, and its leaf for medicine.

- Ezekiel 47:12

Gase is promoted by the Manning Mafia and they have tenacles everywhere. Are you thinking - Shanny with the Raiders? McD with the Broncos?

Gase IMO has his sails set right for a NFL head coaching job this year .. he is probably a bit of smart ass ..and that can lose a locker room if you are not winning right away ..

the only negative of him I have is him fighting with Gibbs in the SB.. Alex has a clue and I think gase might of should of listen ..

I read some were Alex packed it in because of this little .........

I would not even consider the Cowboys job if offered if I were him.
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" --Thomas Edison

I find this Gase hate surprising. It seems to me McCoy is doing quite well after just a year as PM's OC.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringStein View Post
    I find this Gase hate surprising. It seems to me McCoy is doing quite well after just a year as PM's OC.
    In my case, I'm not sure if it is necessarily Gase-Hate - more like Peyton-Love ( gasp ! )

That, and the fact that what we saw in the SB was the result of some very poor preparation and coaching
    My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.
    ― Ayn Rand, Anthem

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
    ― Oscar Wilde

And by the stream there cometh up on its edge, every kind of fruit-tree whose leaf fadeth not; and its fruits hath been for food, and its leaf for medicine.

I think he is ready SS .. I like him but he is a smart ass . still very likable just facts.. look he is not always going to have Payton so realty starts right there yes the man is very talented he reminds me of a Young Mike Shanahan .. thing is for him to bloom as a head coach you better have a High octane QB sit there waiting for him. because in this league the fans wait for no one .. maybe OZ goes with him???

THanks for the responses, guys. I've never seen any article or heard any local radio that ever indicated to me that Gase is a smart ass. Maybe he is, but in any interview I've ever heard, it's never occurred to me that he was anything other than intelligent.

I'm someone with an unconsciously large vocabulary - others experience this as smart ass - so I know the reference well.

I am, of course, a sufferrer of a rare spelling Dyslexia which exposes me to withering scorn from my peers - so I try to stay humble. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by SpringStein View Post
    I think Gase will be a good HC. I thought McCoy would be great HC and he has been. I still stand by my statement he is the best gameday HC in the afc west.
    Last edited by Nflbronco; 08-25-2014 at 10:14 PM.
    Pat Bowlen Best owner in sports

Gase is a faster talker

Hey Adam, please stop with WR screen every other play - I tired of watching it lose 3 yards
    ― Ayn Rand, Anthem

― Oscar Wilde

we could always go back to the reverse or even better the double Reverse ..

Something Running backs and WR should give thought to .. for hell of it throw the darn ball out of bounds if you are going to lose yards.