Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    He's not eligible for PUP. He's practiced in training camp. Once that happens, he's no longer eligible. Along with Huff, he could be a candidate for IR-eligible to return.

Chip is beginning to worry me with his lack of interest in the D and his fascination with Oregon players above others.
    "It was the balls fault" Raid 2010
    The 14 year reign of mismanagement is over, hope runs rampant once again.

Chip is doing what chip knows. And chip knows Oregon players. I am giving him every benefit of the doubt, but college is a bit more scheme than skillset of players when compared to the NFL. You have to have both..but you simply cannot cover the lack of skillset as easily in the NFL as college. That was a major issue with Reid, and I'm wondering if it's a lesson Chip is going to have to learn, and if so, how long it will take.

Polk has been an injury waiting to happen since college. No idea why some of you were so high on him. Josey's the man IMO.
    I promise I won't do it again

Quote Originally Posted by Raid View Post
    Polk has been an injury waiting to happen since college. No idea why some of you were so high on him. Josey's the man IMO.
    If you're criticism of Polk is based on his vulnerability to injury, you should look at Josey's medical record.

Quote Originally Posted by iggles nut View Post
    If you're criticism of Polk is based on his vulnerability to injury, you should look at Josey's medical record.
    lol. No, I want to think of Clint Eastwood as never having a health issue.

My point is really that Polk can't be the future back-up. Enough of this nonsense. Ya have Shady and... Sproles so to speak.... need new blood as #3.

Sproles is a scat back, though and Polk brings a bruising dimension Shady doesn't have. He is actually the perfect complement to the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggloo View Post
    Sproles is a scat back, though and Polk brings a bruising dimension Shady doesn't have. He is actually the perfect complement to the other two.
    When he's not in a 'cast'.

Polk isn't exactly big and he hasn't been remotely healthy since getting hurt in the third game of his freshman year in college.

IMO Tucker is about to take his spot. Tucker is bigger and plays bigger.
    Last edited by Deano; 08-21-2014 at 03:15 AM.
    Chip is the man!

funny tho, that was the LOGIC that people used to justify getting rid of certain WR's. Nevermind they are small and fast - they aren't big and go over the middle- so get rid of them. So.. if McCoy isn't a bruiser also... we need to get rid of him? Just saying, some people's reasoning makes no sense, or at best, has no consistency to it. I have been a fan of having a bruiser to go along with WEsty/McCoy for a very long time - just as I want a big prototype WR to go along with a speed freak. There is no reason to throw one under the bus for not being the other. That puts sproles as mccoys backup, and Polk as the compliment bruiser. I agree, they are perfect compliments to one another.

Except Polk is more 'bruised' than 'bruiser'. Loved the kid coming out of school but if he can't get on the field, it's time to cut ties and go with a healthy option. Ive been impressed with Tucker.
    Chip is the man!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12