Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnut View Post
    And the NFL doesn't care about it's customers. They already have them baked into all their statistics they sell advertisers. The statistics will tell that same story no matter whether it is true or not. The only thing they care to show is new customers.
    I agree that the league is arrogant and greedy. But they hold all the cards now and it's no surprise.

I'm still proud of myself for admitting that I was wrong. This is a KFFL first, I should get some sort of award or some schitt like that.
    6 Footers For Bogey Really Suck

To those who are arguing that someone will pay the price lets make sure we're all understanding what the NFL is asking for. They aren't asking for a cash up front payment such as the Beatles paid early on in their careers. What has been asked for is a percentage of future tour revenues. The NFL is asking for this for one night of publicity. I wonder how the Tour sponsors will feel when they are paying a mint to promote the tour and the NFL is getting paid for nothing but a 20 minute segment?

Taking this into consideration I highly doubt it will fly with the Big Names, agents or labels. The agents and labels won't want to set the precedent. Perhaps some small fry label looking to go rogue might, but the repercussions with the artists under their label could be steep. Why sign with that label when another label will look out for your interests more? Maybe a flat fee might be accepted but a percentage scheme won't fly.

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryHawkFan View Post
    Isn't this exactly the same as really high end restaurants getting PAID by those who work there as waiters/bartenders?

They pay an amount to get employed, but then get a % of the exorbitant bills that the customers of said restaurant pay. So a waiter might have to pay thousands up front to get a job, but on a busy Saturday may make five hundred bucks in a shift.
    Does this actually happen?

Quote Originally Posted by HawksFanNorth View Post
    To those who are arguing that someone will pay the price lets make sure we're all understanding what the NFL is asking for. They aren't asking for a cash up front payment such as the Beatles paid early on in their careers. What has been asked for is a percentage of future tour revenues. The NFL is asking for this for one night of publicity. I wonder how the Tour sponsors will feel when they are paying a mint to promote the tour and the NFL is getting paid for nothing but a 20 minute segment?

Taking this into consideration I highly doubt it will fly with the Big Names, agents or labels. The agents and labels won't want to set the precedent. Perhaps some small fry label looking to go rogue might, but the repercussions with the artists under their label could be steep. Why sign with that label when another label will look out for your interests more? Maybe a flat fee might be accepted but a percentage scheme won't fly.
    So then the sticking point would be for how long?

The SB hangover effect only lasts for so long. Don't kid yourself on that one.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    So then the sticking point would be for how long?

The SB hangover effect only lasts for so long. Don't kid yourself on that one.
    From my read it was their next or current tour. 10% of the $72 Million Bruno got for the previous year's tour according to that Forbes article is a pretty damned huge number. $7.2 Million to perform at the Halftime show is real steep. Even 1% is $720,000 and that is flat disgusting. Think about it, how many acts can afford that?

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell Green Fan View Post
    Does this actually happen?
    I can think of two local examples. Dunno how widespread it is.
    "the blade itself incites to violence." - Homer

--

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - Kung fu Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryHawkFan View Post
    I can think of two local examples. Dunno how widespread it is.
    Wow, I honestly had never heard of that model.

Thanks for sharing.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Raider fans after Mark Davis moves the team to Salt Lake City...

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    Wow, I honestly had never heard of that model.

Thanks for sharing.
    It's a Canadian thing, you wouldn't understand.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789