The Beard is back

Just read we resigned Keisel.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...burgh-steelers

I am a bit surprised by this with the quick progression of Tuitt and suprises in camp of play of McCullers and Mauro.

I am not sure if this is due to the expansion of the PS from 8 to 10 that is supposed to happen this year or if they
    feel the young guys are not where they want them yet.

I was figuring on us keeping 6 or 7 DL. Figure Tuitt, Thomas, Keisel, Heyward, McClendon are a lock. I have McCullers as backup at NT now so that is 6.
    I would be surprised if they don't keep Mauro too, maybe make Thomas a swing DL.

If so that means cuts of Fanguapo, Arnfelt and Williams along with the rest of the guys who were longshots. Might see 2-3 on PS now.
    "Once I start, they'll be no stopping me."

I like Keisel, but don't want him taking snaps from Tuitt. As depth, he isn't terrible to have around at all. Wonder if he'll play special teams again? Haha

It does appear Keisel is back.
    Last edited by Biff97; 08-20-2014 at 04:35 AM.
    Six Time Super Bowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers!

I'm not a fan of this move.
    As Ed Bouchette just pointed out....They didn't bring Keisel back to sit on the bench.
    I believe they're concerned about their run defense.
    However....If they were going to add, they should've looked elsewhere.
    This will definitely cut into Tuitt's playing time, and I would assume it puts McCullers to at best the practice squad.
    Six Time Super Bowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers!

If they try to put McCullers on the practice squad he is going to wind up on some other roster. The guy is raw but he has great potential. Enough that I do not want them to risk losing it.
    Nappy time.

Very surprised by this move. I figured he was going to AZ. Guess they were waiting to see how much money they had once they got Gilbert signed. Definitely puts pressure on the young guys. I hope they go with Big Steel's list:

I was figuring on us keeping 6 or 7 DL. Figure Tuitt, Thomas, Keisel, Heyward, McClendon are a lock. I have McCullers as backup at NT now so that is 6.
    I would be surprised if they don't keep Mauro too, maybe make Thomas a swing DL.

McCuller has to stick. Even though he fell off a bit last week, the guy just reeks of potentlal. I'm liking what I see in Mauro too.

I'm surprised as well (although all the reports about his locker not being cleaned out should have meant something). At the end of the day, if he helps win football games, I'm in. The fans, myself included, are always more excited about keeping the young guy since there is always a chance that player could become something special. But I can certainly see why a FO and coaching staff need to balance the need to keep prospects with keeping a veteran that can contribute this year around. I'm hoping the versatility of Archer and Will Johnson allow the team to keep an extra Dline, LB or Olineman. I don't see a need for a bunch of TEs or RBs barring injury. If there is an injury, I think the TE or RB dropped by the Steelers will likely be available anyway, or one just like him.

This is exactly what I was talking about, Buffalo moved the ball way to easily on us and the run D was bad. It's too much to ask two rookies to start in the two spots where they usually take a year or two to watch. I'm fine with it and if he only brings good chemistry, fine. I also don't agree that he was signed to sit on the bench. They will play the best player and if he's part player and part coach, also fine with me.