Gilbert signs long term deal

Gilbert signed through 2019, 30.8 mill, 7.65 million dollar bonus.

At 5 million a season, I'd say its a good deal. If he continues to improve we would have had a difficult time signing him as a free agent.

Dependent on what the guaranteed amt is sounds like a good deal. I like the signing.

Need to lock up Allen next before the season, not sure they can get both Allen and Worilds done before the season.
    "Once I start, they'll be no stopping me."

Hope we don't regret this.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbleHead View Post
    Hope we don't regret this.
    At just $5 million annually I don't think it's possible to regret it.

My thoughts- this contract is an example of why I'm not ready to give up on Adams. Not that long ago fans were doubting Gilbert would be good enough to keep. Adams has had a rookie season followed by an offseason stabbing and then a poor second season. Maybe next year at this time, he'll be viewed as someone worth locking up. I certainly didn't think Gilbert was worth locking up a year ago...

I read an article somewhere that Gilbert has been working with Ilkin on his hands. It said Gilbert isn't your typical LT because he isn't 6' 6" and 320+lbs. Ilkin says you don't need a guy that big to block a 6'1" 250+lbs DE/OLB. Its all about technique and using your hands. Whatever he is doing with Gilbert seems to be paying off.
    Nappy time.

I thought that article was about Beachum. No doubt Gilbert has picked up his play this year. I hope he can stay motivated now that he ahs been paid. Don't want to see anymore dead money languishing on the oline.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel_Wars View Post
    I read an article somewhere that Gilbert has been working with Ilkin on his hands. It said Gilbert isn't your typical LT because he isn't 6' 6" and 320+lbs. Ilkin says you don't need a guy that big to block a 6'1" 250+lbs DE/OLB. Its all about technique and using your hands. Whatever he is doing with Gilbert seems to be paying off.

You are correct. My bad. Lack of sleep and boredom at work can be a lethal combination.
    Nappy time.