Westboro Churck to Picket Robin Williams' funeral

One day I get the feeling something bad is going to happen at these protests this tasteless group host. Not that I wish it on anyone, but I can see them pushing people's buttons a bit too hard someday and then we'll end up with a major incident.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/14/god-ha...liams-4832545/

Really... the best thing we can all do when it comes to these worst type of attention-seeking groups and persons is to stop paying attention.

Screw them and their small-mindedness. They don't deserve a second thought.
    Although it is said that our faith concerns matters which are obscure, the reasons for embracing the faith are not obscure but on the contrary are clearer than any natural light.
    -Descartes

Correct, they are a disgrace and not worth a notation in any paper or Internet column.
    Ignorance is those who disparage believers....12 They will come and shout for joy on the heights of Zion; they will rejoice in the bounty of the LORD—the grain, the new wine and the olive oil, the young of the flocks and herds. They will be like a well-watered garden, and they will sorrow no more.
    13 Then young women will dance and be glad, young men and old as well. I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.

i really hate these people

they picket usa soldiers funerals

then they said they would picket whitney houstons funeral and of course they backed out after finding out violent newark is

oh well

Considering Robin William even now, I think nothing will happen.

I wish Robin Williams were alive to lampoon that.
    APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

Quote Originally Posted by Gmaniac View Post
    Really... the best thing we can all do when it comes to these worst type of attention-seeking groups and persons is to stop paying attention.

Screw them and their small-mindedness. They don't deserve a second thought.
    Frankly I find it disgraceful that they can hide behind the first amendment in order to display behaviour as despicable and disgraceful as this. Whatever judge allowed this deserves his/her own funeral and that of their loved one picketed to experience what hurt his/her decision inflicted. Not paying them any attention had no effect on these idiots, considering their zealotry.
    Al Michaels: "That's the loudest manure chant I have ever heared!"

Sleeping barely above the sea... and walking under water

The most despised group in the world is a great description. Now they are reacting to a role Williams played. Are you kidding me? Seriously if someone did attack them I"d be OK with it.
    6 Footers For Bogey Really Suck

It's really about him playing Mrs. Doubtfire? OMG - literally. Which is lower - their level of humanity or their level of intelligence?
    I use stats like a drunk uses lampposts - for support rather than illumination.

Quote Originally Posted by AndromedaPatFan View Post
    I wish Robin Williams were alive to lampoon that.
    that was my first thought as well....
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by DutchBird View Post
    Frankly I find it disgraceful that they can hide behind the first amendment in order to display behaviour as despicable and disgraceful as this. Whatever judge allowed this deserves his/her own funeral and that of their loved one picketed to experience what hurt his/her decision inflicted. Not paying them any attention had no effect on these idiots, considering their zealotry.
    Why try to have an effect on them? Screw 'em.

I wouldn't hope to have an "effect" on them. Moreover, any attempt to "affect" them presupposes a certain amount of respect that I, simply put, do not feel towards them.

In the same way: I can't muster up much in the way of anger towards their tired routine. Such anger presupposes a certain amount of seriousness or regard that I, simply put, do not feel towards them.

Personally, I'm fine with their freedom to do what they do. It's America. That said: they're jack@sses who give Christianity a bad name... and I kinda question whether they genuinely believe in what they are doing or are more about attention-whoring. I suspect it's mostly attention-whoring. I'm not going to dwell on that question, though... because, again, they don't deserve any type of serious thought.
    Although it is said that our faith concerns matters which are obscure, the reasons for embracing the faith are not obscure but on the contrary are clearer than any natural light.
    -Descartes

He had 'worse' roles, for the westboro sensibility. The Birdcage chief among them.
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by Superbelt View Post
    He had 'worse' roles, for the westboro sensibility. The Birdcage chief among them.
    That is the other role that bothers them. Birdcage and mrs. Doubtfire were the two mentioned apparently.

At this point isn't it kind of a honor to be picketed by these people?

Their approval seems more the insult.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Η ζωή ενός σκλάβου είναι όλοι καταλαβαίνετε, δεν ξέρεις τίποτα από την ελευθερία. Γιατί αν το κάνατε, θα μας ενθάρρυνε να πολεμήσουν, όχι μόνο με το δόρυ μας, αλλά και με ό, τι έχουμε.

What a shocker. Who would have expected this to happen?

I tried to talk to Shirley Roper-Phelps a few years back when she was here in San Francisco protesting the gay marriages at City Hall. She had dead eyes, like a shark. Not an ounce of humanity in there.