Cardnials v. Vikings game thread.

So our second preseason game is here and I'm going to be looking for some certain things....

Offense:
    Bridgewater working with the ones.
    O-line. Specifically, Kalil and RG play. More Yankey, less Johnson.
    Jerrick Mckinnon. Is he the number 2? Should be an interesting position battle after AD.
    Norv Turners O. Would like to see some long balls with Bridgewater and Cassel. No need with Ponder. ;)
    Creative use of the TE.

All of these are from last week. Will continue to focus on these areas.

This week addition to the pay attention list is home boy Adam Thielan almost sure to make the roster as the 5th behind Patterson, Jennings, Simpson and Wright. 7 other WR's listed on the roster almost all certain to be cut. I would like Kain Colter to make the roster and serve as the emergency three at QB and trade Ponder to whoever will take him. We should be able to get something for him.

I'm thinking some Gatorade jugs and cups and a bag of K balls would be fair.

Defense:
    Man to Man on the outside. Who's going to be our CB's? I would wager a guess that we will be carrying quite a few. Rhodes, Munnerlyn, Robinson seem to be locks. Price would be my number 4, next tier would be Cox, Prater to fill out the remaining positions. James to the practice squad. In no particular order: Posey, Sherels, and something called Robert Steeples on the outside looking in.
    LB's: How they play Barr. Does Greenway play passing downs? Brinkley in the middle is a concern for me. Mauti and Hodges should be locks. Dean should make it on Special Teams. DeCicco is gone with a hip and Watts and Zimmer won't make the roster. Which leads me to...
    Audie Cole time baby! Pick six? Would love to see it. Would like to see him win a lb position on the nickle and dime.
    D-Line: Will pay attention to the interior with Joseph out with leg. The roster I'm looking at has 8 total DT listed. How many do you keep at this position? Joseph, Floyd, Evans, and Stephen look to make the roster. Tom Johnson on the bubble and Randall, Baker looking in and something called Isame Faciane sure to be among the first cut.
    DE: 7 listed and five(?) to make the roster: Griffen, Robison, Wootton and Cricton are locks. Trattou makes the team if experience counts. Will Scott or Snyder do anything to make a name for themselves?
    A question from last week: Who lines up at the on the other side of Smith? Bishop, Blanton, Coleman, Crocker, Exum, Raymond, Sanford or Sendajo. Coleman stepped up with a int in last weeks game, Blanton has been getting first team reps in TC just read that he won't be in uniform tonight. Crocker was brought in because of his familiarity with the playbook. Sanford and Sendajo missed the first game with a back issues. Raymond went out due to concussion-like symptoms in the first quarter. Lot's of stuff happening at this position. Can Bishop or Exum make a name for themselves? Exum looks to make the practice squad.

Special Teams:
    Heard Walsh was practicing 70 yard FG's before the game.

Coaching:
    Zimmers D: First string look real good against the Raiders last week. Is that more of a product of Zimmers D or the Raiders being the Raiders remains to be seem. Incomplete from last week.
    Norv Turners O. Scat back, deep balls and te end play: same as last week.
    Last edited by vikesguy; 08-17-2014 at 12:52 AM.
    Herbert F. Kornfield Killed Off

Midstate Office Supply

\m/

"If I die before the Allman Brothers quit touring, I died knowing that I had one more kick ass show to go to."

- vikesguy

Starting to see some pressure from Floyd and Griffen!

Pre-season vanilla offense without their best player on the field and they still look better managed, less predictable than they did at any time with Musgrave!

Nice game for Teddy even if it was against, and with scrubs!! Great poise by the rook!

Got the game set to record tonight on nfl network.

2:01 first quarter Blair Walsh kicks it into the stands on a kickoff after a FG. Fans cheer *vikeshorn* - love it

btw #29 needs to learn how to learn how to tackle - 51 yard screen.....
    Herbert F. Kornfield Killed Off

Midstate Office Supply

\m/

"If I die before the Allman Brothers quit touring, I died knowing that I had one more kick ass show to go to."

- vikesguy

Quote Originally Posted by vikesguy View Post
    btw #29 needs to learn how to learn how to tackle - 51 yard screen.....
    The greatest defensive players in the history of the NFL ALL missed tackles at some point in their career.

Chiefs.....lol Josh Robinson. Please cut this turd.