Teachers never dissapoint. lol.

The teachers union is pitting its members against cops — by sponsoring and promoting the Rev. Al Sharpton’s anti-police rally in Staten Island next week, The Post has learned.

The United Federation of Teachers sent an “action alert” *e-mail that even promised free transportation to Sharpton’s Aug. 23 demonstration that is billed as a march for justice for “victims of police brutality.”

Some teachers were furious that the union would take such a prominent role in the event.

“What a disgrace. What is going on with the leadership of the UFT thinking it’s OK to protest against rank-and-file cops?” asked one teacher. “Would we want cops protesting in front our schools over low test scores?”http://nypost.com/2014/08/16/teacher...gainst-police/

Killin' time reading the Post today.
    I promise I won't do it again

Will Tawana Brawley be there?
    “Here’s to alcohol: the cause of, and solution to, all of life’s problems.”

Seems specious to call this an "anti-police" rally. It's a march for victims of police brutality. Are you for police brutality? Perhaps the teachers are seeing a disproportionate number of their students become victims. It is hard to educate people into good citizens when they feel the base institutions of our society are against them.
    "And if there is nothing that can so hide the face of our fellow-man as morality can, religion can hide from us as nothing else can the face of God." -- Martin Buber

"You do not like religion; we started from that assumption. But in conducting an honest battle against it, which is not completely without effort, you do not want to have fought against a shadow like the one with which we have struggled." -- Friedrich Schleiermacher

You should be disappointed in your spelling teachers.
    APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

Quote Originally Posted by AndromedaPatFan View Post
    You should be disappointed in your spelling teachers.
    lol, fact that. Maybe I should get an 'action alert' , eh?
    I promise I won't do it again

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pink Monkey View Post
    It is hard to educate people into good citizens when they feel the base institutions of our society are against them.
    Homerun. Cops need to get back in their place to be respected once again. They're to be seen, not heard.

So people who oppose choking people to death are anti-cop?

I wasn't aware that cops were pro-choke people to death.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

Quote Originally Posted by flyerhawk View Post
    I wasn't aware that cops were pro-choke people to death.
    Well, you should be aware by now. It's a staple of their training. They don't get put out on the streets (at least not in cities) until they can choke people to death.