Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263
    Quote Originally Posted by flyerhawk View Post
    Heat of the moment is not a valid defense in a court of law.
    I call Bullchit on the first google response.

But it was a great song.

Quote Originally Posted by Godstree View Post
    If true, not looking good for officer. But the officer shot at the guy and hit him several time before he he gave up. If adrinalin if flowing in a super fashion like I am sure it was at this point, it may have been hard to stop and knowing this guy was not afraid to walk up to an officer and start throwing punches he put him down before he got the **** kicked out of him again.

Bolded because I believe if true, the officer should have had more restraint.
    If true, it's not even about restraint, it's completely unjustified. When you put your hands up, that's basically the universal sign for surrender.

Quote Originally Posted by OrAnGe CrUsH 77 View Post
    If true, it's not even about restraint, it's completely unjustified. When you put your hands up, that's basically the universal sign for surrender.
    While pretty much agreeing with you, restraint would have ment that he not fire that last shot, which is what I said. And the law may differ in what you think is unjustified. There are tons of things that are unjustified in just about everyone's eyes yet are justified when it come to the law.

One thing that seems fishy is the last shot was to the top of the head. If he had his hands up and just walking towards him, how did the officer shoot him so the bullet weht into the top of his head? Not saying things couldn't line up to match this guys story but so far........

Quote Originally Posted by Godstree View Post
    While pretty much agreeing with you, restraint would have ment that he not fire that last shot, which is what I said. And the law may differ in what you think is unjustified. There are tons of things that are unjustified in just about everyone's eyes yet are justified when it come to the law.

One thing that seems fishy is the last shot was to the top of the head. If he had his hands up and just walking towards him, how did the officer shoot him so the bullet weht into the top of his head? Not saying things couldn't line up to match this guys story but so far........
    if we put together the stories of the witnesses in the piece, it seems like Brown was running away and was fired on. He then turned around with his hands up and the cop shot him. As he was slumping over from that shot, the cop shot a few more times, one of which went in the top of his head. It doesn't seem fishy at all, except for the ever-present fishiness of shooting an unarmed black teenager.
    "And if there is nothing that can so hide the face of our fellow-man as morality can, religion can hide from us as nothing else can the face of God." -- Martin Buber

"You do not like religion; we started from that assumption. But in conducting an honest battle against it, which is not completely without effort, you do not want to have fought against a shadow like the one with which we have struggled." -- Friedrich Schleiermacher

Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263