Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by All Hype View Post
    True. But the QB situation and lack of other weapons scares me.
    Look at what Norv did with Josh Gordon just last year. No QBs, no running game, but he got his #1 talent a ton of action.

Cassel can be sufficient. And Patterson should draw enough attention from defenses. Peterson's never had much talent on his offense and he always performs.

Don't overthink it. Peyton had perhaps the greatest fantasy season of all time last season. He won't be able to repeat it. Take the best RB. I think it's McCoy for what that's worth. You have the #1 pick in the draft. You have to get a safe stud to build your team around. You can't afford to get cute and overthink things.
    As cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round, and if your bottle's empty help yourself to mine, thank you for your time and here's to life.

If I get the #1 pick in my draft this year, I'm taking McCoy. If I have #2 and McCoy's gone I'm taking Peterson.
    "Personal foul, 69, offense. He was giving him the business."

True. But the QB situation and lack of other weapons scares me.
    The Vikes have one of the more talented offenses in the league when you don't factor in the QB position.

That's possible, but I wouldn't say he's the consensus #1 pick though, even if he's the best RB in the league. Several rankings have him going in the 3-4 range. I've also spoken to the guys who pick #3 and #4 in my league. Neither is interested in a trade at this point. I think they (as I would be) are content to take whichever of the top 5 (Charles, McCoy, Peterson, Forte or Manning) falls to them.

I haven't had the #1 pick in so long, I'm just a little bummed I have it this year when there is no consensus E. Smith, M. Faulk, P. Holmes type RB to pick.

Edit: Just looked up ADPs for RBs on a few different sites. For what it's worth: McCoy 1, J. Charles 1a, Peterson 3.
    Yeah, that's what I did in my league also...I had pick # 1.01 and polled others...and kept trying to move down. Finally, I found someone to give me a boat load of picks this year and next year to completely move out of round 1.
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    The Vikes have one of the more talented offenses in the league when you don't factor in the QB position.
    Peterson aside, I don't think they are special anywhere else from a weapons perspective, but I guess that's just a matter of preference. And of course, unfortunately, QB is a huge part of the equation.

I know they have a top 5-10 o-line, but any insider info I should know for this year?

Quote Originally Posted by femurov View Post
    Don't overthink it. Peyton had perhaps the greatest fantasy season of all time last season. He won't be able to repeat it. Take the best RB. I think it's McCoy for what that's worth. You have the #1 pick in the draft. You have to get a safe stud to build your team around. You can't afford to get cute and overthink things.
    I don't disagree, just struggling to figure out who the "safe stud" is. Seems like you could put McCoy, Peterson and Charles in a hat and just pick one, which I hate since I have the #1 pick. That's why I was considering Manning.

I like the Vikes non QB skill guys quite a bit. I'm a big Patterson believer, Jennings is solid at worst and Simpson is pretty explosive in the #3 role. Rudolph is probably a top 10 TE and the OL is good. Pro bowl FB too.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12