Preseason Game 1: Browns @ Detroit

Just a few observations...

1. Not a really fun game to watch
    2. Stafford, in his one series, looked fine.
    3. Defense in general seemed to lack any pressure on Browns QB's
    4. Kellen Moore > Orlovsky
    5. None of our rookies seemed to stand out
    A Drinking Team with a Cycling Problem

My couple thoughts.
    1. Ebron pick looks even worse now. They are planning on using Golden Tate mostly in the slot (where I think he belongs) and as such will not be using Ebron in the slot like NO does with Jimmy Graham. He appears to be lining up as an actual tight end, where he isn't really all that great because of sub par blocking. Much of it just doesn't make any sense to me at all.

2. 20 million or whatever we save on Suh will buy us an actual pass rushing DE, and another DT who can still play the run and maybe a little pass rush. He is a great player, there is no doubt about that. but the results just haven't shown up on the field where we still get no pass rush.

3. Besides Johnson, and Tate stepping in for Burleson, we still don't have a 3rd, 4th or 5th WR on the roster who deserves any game time at all. Betting on Broyles staying healthy is by far the best option right now. But where does he play if they want Tate in the slot? Sick of seeing Durham look head and shoulders better than our other options, and then watching the other team have 5-6 guys who look head and shoulder better than Durham.

4. Mikel Leshure may be our 6-7th best RB... Goodbye to an initially very promising looking 2nd rounder (or should I say another?)

Edit to point out I don't think Ebron himself looks bad, and in fact even with poor blocking I think he is an upgrade over Pettigrew. Even as a straight TE. I just don't get the reasoning or see the value in the pick, and while I think Tate looks best in the slot, he has proven he can play outside and did it for a Superbowl winning team. Leave him outside and put Graham err Ebron in the slot and i think the offense goes up 7-8 Madden points and looks better as a whole.
    Last edited by Edonidd; 08-11-2014 at 01:33 AM.

We lead the NFL in hurries last year. I wouldn't say we get no pass rush. Ansah needs to step up this year and we will blitzing more than past years. I think we'll be fine.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff