Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by haircut100 View Post
    13th pick in a 16-team redraft, no PPR

QB, RB, 2 WR/TE, 2 Flex (so I can go wishbone or chuck-and-duck)

QB: Cam, Eli
    RB: Foster, SJax, Rice, Sproles, Jacquizz
    WR: Percy, TWilliams, Marvin Jones, James Jones, Amendola
    TE: Graham
    K: Vinatieri
    Def: Saints

If Foster and Cam return to form, I think I'll be very good. If not, I'm headed towards mediocrity.
    I don't have much experience with leagues that large. Your RB and WR core seem really weak - hate Foster, dislike Harvin, hate your depth but can't really tell whether that's a solid 16-team or not.

Cam lacks weapons, looked disconcerted, and has a cracked rib. I don't see him returning to form.

Foster is an injury risk, has been declining in production, will be constantly affected by bad game scripts, has a new O w/ iffy QB. I just don't see him returning to form either, meaning three years ago.

I don't see Sproles doing anything. He's stuck behind McCoy and is also in decline.

Your whole team, except Graham, looks below average, but again, being in a 16-team league, I have trouble judging what an average team looks like. I imagine improvement through the waiver wire is also much more difficult because only the dregs are there.

I'd be curious for a mid-season update.
    "I like my women the way I like my scotch, 20 years old and mix up in coke."

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    Idk, Ridley seems like a pretty solid RB4.

He's not an RB2 anymore, but as your 4th best RB? That's pretty freaking nice IMO.
    I guess.

He's a talented runner no doubt but rumor this summer was he was in danger of getting cut. Whether that was merely motivational speech, I can't say. He doesn't catch any passes. Last year was his career high with 60 yards. He doesn't play in passing situations. This limits his ceiling.

The Pats however are a good rush team, often good games scripts, and they're uptempo, so he's in a good situation.

He's probably an excellent RB4 except the scary thing is he's always a fumble from being permanently benched. Also he had very few snaps in the 3rd preseason game. Was that more motivation or is he in the doghouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Finished this draft this morning.

QB: Peyton Manning, Jay Cutler
    RB: Zac Stacy, Ryan Mathews, Ben Tate, Frank Gore, Ahmad Bradshaw, Bryce Brown, Donald Brown
    WR: Demaryius Thomas, Vincent Jackson, Michael Floyd, Jeremy Maclin, Wes Welker, Justin Blackmon
    TE: Jason Witten, Charles Clay
    K: Mason Crosby
    DEF: Tampa Bay, San Diego (I love their schedule weeks 3-6, last round flier pick but probably drop for the next WW Gem)
    lol, I finished dead last, 12th place with a lineup of Peyton, Gore, Tate, Demaryius, VJax, Maclin, Witten, Crosby, TB.

Gronk hasn't played like The Gronk yet.

Quote Originally Posted by karhu View Post
    12-team league, standard scoring, no PPR, 4 pts/passing TD.

Start 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR flex, 1 TE, 1 D, 1 K, 1...P.

QB: Tom Brady, Carson Palmer
    RB: Jamaal Charles, Toby Gerhart, Shane Vereen, Lamar Miller
    WR: Julio Jones, Kendall Wright, Hakeem Nicks, Mike Wallace, Markus Wheaton, Cody Latimer
    TE: Rob Gronkowski, Zach Ertz
    D: Browns
    K: Greg Zuerlein
    P: Marquette King
    How's your team doing?

Quote Originally Posted by lechrus2 View Post
    How's your team doing?
    Well, I've got as many wins as the Bucs, Raiders, and Jaguars combined.

Oy.

Lousy draft, but in my defense my wife was extraordinarily pregnant at the time, and I threw some darts.

Last week, Julio Jones went off--for me in this league, for my opponent in my dynasty league--and was on the losing side both times. Me, I lost because my punter stunk it up and because the Bucs' D racked up 5 fantasy points while allowing 56 in real life. I'm about through with that league.

It's been a strange, strange season so far.
    That the world is explicable is miraculous, and so explanations need not be the undoing of miracles.

We never learn anything, never in the world, and in spite of all the history books written. Thereís a regular warehouse of fine suggestions, and if weíre not better it isnít because there arenít plenty of marvelous and true ideas to draw on, but because our vanity weighs more than all of them put together.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456