Thread: Oz

Oz

What I like about Oz in the preseason game was - you could see he was making successful adjustments to his game as the game went along. This is the mark of a guy who can get better.

I like his style a lot ... but what is frustrating are the shackles they have on him - hand off, hand off, short pass - it was so predictable, and when you're playing behind a 3rd OL and the D knows what is coming, it is hard ... When he lets it fly, you can see the potential ...

I want to see Oz w/ the starters, as I cannot imagine how Manning would fare out there with the 3rd team players
    My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.
    ― Ayn Rand, Anthem

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
    ― Oscar Wilde

And by the stream there cometh up on its edge, every kind of fruit-tree whose leaf fadeth not; and its fruits hath been for food, and its leaf for medicine.

- Ezekiel 47:12

Oz looks pretty good time will tell I would not mind him getting a full game as starter during the preseason .Manning is ready to go IMO

Quote Originally Posted by lucas707 View Post
    I like his style a lot ... but what is frustrating are the shackles they have on him - hand off, hand off, short pass - it was so predictable, and when you're playing behind a 3rd OL and the D knows what is coming, it is hard ...
    Ÿou mean like the INT he threw on first down from our 5 yard line? I didn't see shackles at all. I agree with Mingo, he did get better as the game went on. But equally to not playing with first teamers, he also isn't playing against first team defenders.

Manning said after the game the int was the correct read great play by the cb

Fwiw

Oz is very mobile and athletic, and he could be rolling out like Jake was doing - I'm sure this is in the plan for him ( at least I'd hope it would be ), but it's time to start opening it up with him and allowing him to find his niche ...
    My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.
    ― Ayn Rand, Anthem

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
    ― Oscar Wilde

And by the stream there cometh up on its edge, every kind of fruit-tree whose leaf fadeth not; and its fruits hath been for food, and its leaf for medicine.

- Ezekiel 47:12

I was not impressed.
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" --Thomas Edison

that pass that won the game was money..

the first few games he is playing full time I expect steady improvement ...by the end of that year a NFL QB... that is realistic .

I'm hoping, but not so hopeful.

Why are you guys down on Oz? I actually thought he looked pretty good. He throws a beautiful ball.

And remember, 60% of the time, I'm right every time

While the second and third string offensive linemen looked okay, imagine what Oz would look like behind the first-stringers.

I'll worry about Oz when Manning retires not before.
    Pat Bowlen Best owner in sports