Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
    Quote Originally Posted by anointed one View Post
    the rules forbid players the opportunity to smoke weed. Why is it so hard to understand? You cant do it. Plain and simple. And it's not the nfl's fault if he gets in trouble while he is suspended. He has the ability to choose his actions but he does not have the ability to choose the consequences for his actions. That's why he is suspended for breaking the rules. Not that difficult to understand, imo
    bingo!
    They say that love is more important than money, but have you ever tried to pay your bills with a hug?

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnut View Post

If no one ever broke a rule, the Jews would still be in Egypt, America would be a commonwealth of Britain, American blacks would still be enslaved, and MLK would have never penned a beautiful letter from a Birmingham Jail.

Are you saying legalizing weed is going to cure aids? ALS? World peace?

I am not saying it shouldn't be legal (I repeat) but it is not like the NFL is taking away Josh Gordon's family...

If the NFL makes pop illegal I may not agree with it, but I can do without because I understand there are consequences involved.
    They say that love is more important than money, but have you ever tried to pay your bills with a hug?

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnut View Post
    I completely understand that some *******s think he shouldn't be able to use that particular plant on his own time and that they wrote a rule about it.

If no one ever broke a rule, the Jews would still be in Egypt, America would be a commonwealth of Britain, American blacks would still be enslaved, and MLK would have never penned a beautiful letter from a Birmingham Jail.
    Rationalizing is not a good thing... So you give me all the examples for the bad things that happened to people when they broke a rule... You just listed the exceptions... The other list i'm referring too, would literally be off the page... You wouldn't have enough time in the day to right down the bad things

So, by your reasoning, you're not going to have any rules for your children... If you do have rules, you will not have any consequences for them if they do break it? There is a reason people have rules...

Quote Originally Posted by Anointed One View Post
    Rationalizing is not a good thing... So you give me all the examples for the bad things that happened to people when they broke a rule... You just listed the exceptions... The other list i'm referring too, would literally be off the page... You wouldn't have enough time in the day to right down the bad things

So, by your reasoning, you're not going to have any rules for your children... If you do have rules, you will not have any consequences for them if they do break it? There is a reason people have rules...
    The rule will be if you choose to smoke you have to share it with daddy. And if they don't ill ban them from playing football, just to be a dick! Which is all this is. They're just being dicks, the NFL has not expressed any reasoning for their rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Draft Crazy View Post
    Are you saying legalizing weed is going to cure aids? ALS? World peace?

I am not saying it shouldn't be legal (I repeat) but it is not like the NFL is taking away Josh Gordon's family...

If the NFL makes pop illegal I may not agree with it, but I can do without because I understand there are consequences involved.
    The individual teams should ban soda if they believe it to be in their best interest. The NFL should shut the **** up about it.

BTW, Gordon's "family" is most likely all his buddies he smokes with.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425