Big Pimpin, YouTube style

I don't know who any of these people are nor did I have any idea about the dollars one could clock by being a youtube star.

http://www.businessinsider.com/riche...rs-2014-3?op=1
    The world is a toll-free toilet
    Our mouths neurological ass0s
    And psychologically speaking
    We're in a state of mental diarrhea
    Talking sh*t a mile a minute
    Or in a state of constipated notions
    Can't think of nothin' but sh*t, and in this world of stinky futures
    Sh*tty memories and constipated 19 now-nows
    Emerges from the hiney of your head the doo doo chasers
    The Promentalsh*tbackwashpsychosisenemasquad
    Bringing you music to get your sh*t together by

You don't know PewDiePie? Started off as a gang bangin' rapper in Compton before becoming white. He was steadfast however in keeping his street name.

Looks like a bunch of them are video gamer types. Not surprised they would get a ton of hits.
    I promise I won't do it again

Wow....people really like video game commenters...and who knoew minecraft was that popular....
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Raid View Post
    You don't know PewDiePie? Started off as a gang bangin' rapper in Compton before becoming white. He was steadfast however in keeping his street name.

Looks like a bunch of them are video gamer types. Not surprised they would get a ton of hits.
    Interesting. Wiki says he was born in Sweden/is Swedish, moved to Italy to be with his gf and eventually moved to the UK for better internet connectivity reasons. No dope at wiki about his gangbangin rapper days while frolicking in Compton though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyped View Post
    Wow....people really like video game commenters...and who knoew minecraft was that popular....
    That's what I thought. I also figured I'd see at least one yt-er who I recognized/had heard about, but nope.

I'm a fan of a good number of YouTube channels, and had heard of Smosh, Fine Bros., and PewDiePie, but I'm surprised by just how many of these channels I had never heard of. (More surprised than I should have been by the presence of non-English channels, though. I really should have expected that.)

Yeah, I had heard of Pewdewpie and Finebros but expected to have heard of more. I really expected Good Mythical Morning guys to be on there, the guys from Epic Meal Time have a real TV show now, but I thought they might still be on there. I know Bad Lip reading doesn't put out many videos, but everyone I know follows them to see new videos as soon as they come out. I have never wat he'd Jenna Marbles at all, but way more people know her than most of these people, really thought she would be up there. One of my favorite You tubersn FrankieonPCin1080p has tons of views but apparently just does it for fun. He says the money he makes from youtube is just enough to cover licensing the music he uses in those videos. Because he does it the correct way and pays to use music. But he is another video game commentator who is way funnier than Pewdewpie and probably funnier than these other people I don't know. I've watched a lot of his stuff for games I don't even play, if youre ever bored heck out his Day Z series.

I didn't know Minecraft was quite so popular tbough. I have never played or watched any videos of it. Always thought it was just some simple game. But I guess people are making millions off of it. Maybe I should play it and say stupid stuff while I'm playing and see if people want to give me millions.

Quote Originally Posted by Edonidd View Post
    I really expected Good Mythical Morning guys to be on there, the guys from Epic Meal Time have a real TV show now, but I thought they might still be on there.
    Part of the issue with Rhett and Link might be that they have multiple channels; Smosh managed to get all theirs combined, but the people putting these rankings together might not have gone looking to merge channels that closely.

One I was very surprised to not see here was Epic Rap Battles of History/Nice Peter/Epic Lloyd. Their view counts are through the freaking roof, so I'm shocked they didn't make the cut.

John and Hank Green/vlogbrothers/Crash Course/mental_floss also certainly belong; if they haven't made the cut, it might be because John Green's finally hit the big time, now that The Fault In Our Stars became a smash hit movie.

One I wasn't surprised I didn't see, but wish were big enough, was the Game Theorists. Anyone who's interested in video games, culture, and science should watch them; they take elements in games and explore the real life science involved (like "How Deadly are Mario's Bullet Bills?"), and one of them takes elements in video games and explores the cultural basis for it. One of his videos took a look at the mythology behind the summoned monsters in Final Fantasy, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Edonidd View Post
    I have never wat he'd Jenna Marbles at all, but way more people know her than most of these people, really thought she would be up there.
    She ain't doing so bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by article
    Dozens, possibly hundreds of people, have built up huge audiences on Google's video upload site, and the media is full of stories of their success. The archetype is Jenna Marbles, who has millions of fans and makes an estimated $350,000 a year from her self-deprecating takes on life as an American female.
    She's mentioned in the article at the bottom of the page........."Yes, You Can Make Six Figures As A YouTube Star ... And Still End Up Poor" which apparently fits youtuber, Olga Kay, more than it does Marbles.