Some things to take away from 1st pre season game

Caveat: I personally don't get too excited over things that happen in preseason games, but these are a few good and bad things from the 1st 1/2. Again, It is pre season so take these with a grain (or shaker) of salt, but nonetheless:

1. Bears defense forcing 2 turnovers against #1 offense gets me a little excited especially since one came with pressure from the D line
    2. Throwing 2 TD's to the next man up if Bennett decides to be a problem. READ: "Get with the program or you are replaceable."
    3. Blocked FG: Never a good thing, but highlights a weakness to be addressed.
    4. KO return. Uhg. Not a fan of special teams gaffs, even in preseason.
    Odd Facts:

The human brain is incapable of producing a face. Any face you see when you dream is one that you have physically viewed at some point in your life.

The Australian aborigine language has over 30 words for “dust.”

Nearly three percent of the ice in Antarctic glaciers is penguin urine.

When you see little white or clear dots floating in your vision, they are actually your own white blood cells.

Quote Originally Posted by janos_51 View Post
    2. Throwing 2 TD's to the next man up if Bennett decides to be a problem. READ: "Get with the program or you are replaceable."
    That's awesome. It's not like Miller didn't have the athleticism to do some damage after getting healthy and learning a new position, but it's absolutely terrific that Trestman sent the message this clearly. "You want to take this lightly? You want to F with me? You're suspended, and you'll watch while a nobody has a game you've never had with this team. You're nothing. Want to be something again? It's on you to earn it. No one else on this team cares."
    That the world is explicable is miraculous, and so explanations need not be the undoing of miracles.

We never learn anything, never in the world, and in spite of all the history books written. There’s a regular warehouse of fine suggestions, and if we’re not better it isn’t because there aren’t plenty of marvelous and true ideas to draw on, but because our vanity weighs more than all of them put together.

Quote Originally Posted by janos_51 View Post
    3. Blocked FG: Never a good thing, but highlights a weakness to be addressed.
    4. KO return. Uhg. Not a fan of special teams gaffs, even in preseason.
    I miss Dave Toub. This crap never happened with him, preseason or not. I'm still confused why DeCamillis is considered to be one of the best ST coaches in the league...and why he's our Assistant Head Coach. He had the built-in excuse last year that with so many injuries on D he had to do a lot of shuffling on his unit as well, but I don't know how much I buy that. When we signed him I looked over various message boards trying to find upset Dallas fans and for the most part it was nothing but "good riddance".

Quote Originally Posted by karhu View Post
    That's awesome. It's not like Miller didn't have the athleticism to do some damage after getting healthy and learning a new position, but it's absolutely terrific that Trestman sent the message this clearly. "You want to take this lightly? You want to F with me? You're suspended, and you'll watch while a nobody has a game you've never had with this team. You're nothing. Want to be something again? It's on you to earn it. No one else on this team cares."
    I love this post.
    Basic, yes, but it was something we rarely saw under former Bears coordinator Ron Turner. Turner's idea of in-game adjustments involved his boxer shorts. -Rick Morrissey.

Quote Originally Posted by PC Load Letter View Post
    I'm still confused why DeCamillis is considered to be one of the best ST coaches in the league...and why he's our Assistant Head Coach.
    This. All he seems to be good at is making Dave Wannstedt facial expressions on the sidelines when his ST units invariably f*** up.
    "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians -- you are not like him."

-Gandhi