Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: IS IS and Iraq

Quote Originally Posted by ctc View Post
    I've already told you what the problem. HIs foreign policy, as such, is a collection of ad hoc responses, without any overarching principles, without any vision of a larger picture. In the earlier posts i've illustrated various examples of these responses.

What i would like to see is irrelevant to the discussion of whether obama's foreign policy is coherent or not. If you'd like to explain how it is coherent by all means explain it.
    Sorry but this is just vague criticism. There's nothing here to debate. I've taken what you said and I am attempting to debate it by giving a specific example of comparing the policy of Egypt and Iraq, but it appears you don't feel like playing anymore when it comes down to specifics.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth2k1 View Post
    Sorry but this is just vague criticism. There's nothing here to debate. I've taken what you said and I am attempting to debate it by giving a specific example of comparing the policy of Egypt and Iraq, but it appears you don't feel like playing anymore when it comes down to specifics.
    This is why you need to follow the entire conversation. I articulated to fly several pages back the problems with each of those situations.

If you choose not to go back and look at them that's fine but that's on you for not wanting to discuss his lack of coherent policy.

fair enough

The WP has more to offer on obama's perceptions of foreign policy.

The president’s goal, to the extent he had one, seemed to be to tamp down all the assessments of gathering dangers that his own team had been issuing over the previous days.
    The editorial, the second of it's kind in the last 6-7 months, is highly critical of his 'policy'. Openly contradicting his advisors and offering appraisals of situations unconnected to reality. HIs message to allies, actual and putative, is don't worry, be happy.

But i'm just a hater, eh fly?

Quote Originally Posted by ctc View Post
    But i'm just a hater, eh fly?
    Yes because you are only interested in criticizing Obama.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718