Thread: NFL Now app

NFL Now app

Just a heads up for people who don't have cable/DirecTV/etc, it sounds like the NFL Now app gives you access to their red zone channel for $2 a month.

BTW, DirecTV deals are in full effect right now, I got the NFL ST for free and $20 off a month when I called them.

http://www.androidcentral.com/big-fo...ow-android-app

People who pay $1.99 a month for the NFL Now Plus subscription service will get the following extra features

Unlimited access to expansive library of NFL Films shows
    Premium game highlights experience that includes hundreds of real-time in-game highlights
    Live stream of NFL RedZone on Sunday afternoon
    Live stream of NFL Network

What do you tell them when you call? Do you say, "I wanna cut out ST....it's too expensive"? Then they reduce the price?

I am currently subscribed automatically to ST Max...I don't have to do anything to "renew"....
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

I call them and say 'retention' at the automated prompts. That sends you to the customer retention department, which will get you better deals than normal customer service. I don't have a contract anymore, so that helps, they want to keep you there. Then just politely ask if they have any NFL ST deals, or tell them you are thinking about cancelling it because of the price, or whatever. You don't always have to take the first deal they offer, you, either, it might get better if you turn it down and still want to cancel.

I got it for free last year, too, plus either discounted HBO/Shotime or they'll just give it to you for free for 3-6 months.

thanks dude! my contract is up shortly.....
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Jeez, I took a look, and all the good stuff for NFL Now requires the subscription.
    "Personal foul, 69, offense. He was giving him the business."

Gayest commercial ever?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoViking View Post
    I got it for free last year, too, plus either discounted HBO/Shotime or they'll just give it to you for free for 3-6 months.
    I got ST for free last year by agreeing to a 1-year contract...the couple times I've tried this season, they haven't been willing to offer it to me for free. But next time I call I'll say "retention" up front.

Woot! Just got ST MAX for free this year, $20 off my bill every month, and 3 months of free Showtime...for signing an one year extension (my 2 year contract was up in September).

I decided to stay pat with DirecTV while they work out their merger with At&t....and hopefully At&t will be able to sell the ST package via their Uverse and I'll be able to switch back over next year.....

Seriously, if ST is ever offered SOLELY via the Internet...I'll abandon cable forever...(I know it already is for people who can't have dishes).