Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    JMR is offline defender of the high life
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkfanforlife View Post
    Yep. It stems from Sherman giving an interview where he claimed the Hawks figured out what "Omaha!" meant, or something similar to that.
    Yeah, something like that. And it's definitely not cheating. It's called knowing your opponent. Every team has the same chance to figure it out. Every team also tries to fool the other team with signals, code, fakes, motion, hiding coverages, play action, etc. Just dumb to say that's cheating.
    U MAD BRO??

Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post
    Come work for me. The seafood cocktail special that printed in the kitchen as "seafood ****" and the new salmon in a horseradish cream sauce menu item led to four hours of humor that even my twelve year old self would call sophomoric and puerile.
    Lol.

Finally watching this game...the Lane penalty was bull, and these announcers are just painful to listen to.
    "I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference."

Preseason Game: HAWKS vs BRONCOS

Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post
    Finally watching this game...the Lane penalty was bull, and these announcers are just painful to listen to.
    Really, you think so? I'm a big Brock Huard fan myself.

Quote Originally Posted by seahawksfan837 View Post
    Me too... I love his color commentary... He's very bright, insightful and detailed, which I enjoy listening to... He's huge in the Seattle market... They all love him...

Quote Originally Posted by Anointed One View Post
    Me too... I love his color commentary... He's very bright, insightful and detailed, which I enjoy listening to... He's huge in the Seattle market... They all love him...
    Yes we do. :)

Us East Coasters were subjected to the home announcers and didn't get Brock and Curt.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

Quote Originally Posted by flyerhawk View Post
    Us East Coasters were subjected to the home announcers and didn't get Brock and Curt.
    Oh, that sucks.

Huard is awesome. I fear it's only a matter of time before 710 loses him to a national gig. He's already a rising star in the college football ranks.

Oh, that sucks.

Huard is awesome. I fear it's only a matter of time before 710 loses him to a national gig. He's already a rising star in the college football ranks.
    I can't imagine he would do both college and pro. That's a big plate.

I would be disappointed if he leaves 710. I listen to that podcast almost daily.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

Have only watched the first half so far.

- Speaking as a fan of the team who benefited from more of the calls than not, the officials butchered that first half. Way too many ticky tack penalties. There was less than zero flow to that first half.

- Our offensive line was pretty bad, but given only 1.5 guys who should have been starting were, I'm not sure what to make of it.

- Wilson looked off a bit, but between rust and no functional ground game I'm not worried about it.

- I'd like to see what the coaches are watching in camp as it relates to Robert Turbin, because he looked like the embodiment of a JAG in that game. At least Michael got a little push.

- Liked what I saw from Coyle at MLB.

I'm strongly considering not bothering with the second half because that first half was so miserable to watch (thanks refs).
    "Personal foul, 69, offense. He was giving him the business."

I know we had 3 starting OL out and two of them have made the pro bowl and should be close to that level this year but lord help me if that OL didn't look horrid. Wilson almost lost the season on one of those hits for crying out loud. If they pulled him right after that play I wouldn't have blamed them.

We need that OL to come together once all healthy because it is the only thing that will hold back this offense from being potent. The other pieces are fully in place and with depth at QB, RB, and WR.

Richardson's speed was evident not in getting some deep fly route but the amount of cushion he gets and the separation he's getting. When you're so worried about a fly or go pattern you can do 10-12 yard comebacks all day long and you could see that with Richardson a couple times. I'm so excited to have the speed of Harvin and Richardson on the field at the same time.

Wilson looked ok. A little amped up in his first game and that Miller throw could have been a little tighter (even though I think Miller often catches that) but no horrible decisions. Jackson looked like his great backup self and someone that can hold the team down for a few games with minimal drop off. Pryor looked like Pryor. If he can set up his accuracy is ok but if not he has trouble, he's still a one read QB after all these years and runs too damn quick. Makes me appreciate Wilson even more that he functionally moves around the pocket and keeps the pass alive.

Really like Coyle! His "rookie" mistakes are mistakes all LBs make from time to time. Sucking in too much on play action? P. Willis will do that 50 times this year. It happens. Farwell should be packing his bags and with Wright and Smith coming up as free agents having a low paid Coyle with high level talent is vital to keep our salary cap situation in good shape while not having a considerable drop off.

AJ Jefferson is our 5th CB if healthy. I know it's early but I don't think it's a competition anymore. He's long, lean, athletic, having a great camp and dominated his time in the game. I heard he's in a walking boot and might miss some time so that's disappointing but likely back game 2 at worst hope. Opens the door at a deep position.

The average yards per carry in the 2nd half against us was way, way too high and I'm not sure who was all in there but I'm sure they had a talking too. Looked like a high school game there with like 3 20+ yards runs in one drive. I'm expecting better things here soon.

Lastly, I don't care about stats but if you don't see a clear difference between C-Mike's talent and Turbin there's absolutely something wrong with you and you should turn your Hawk jersey in.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234