Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    Rarely do cops pull you over if you're going 7(ish) over or less. Most 5 over tickets are for people driving 15 over or so and getting it reduced.
    It completely depends on the state. Going 70ish in Massachusetts will have the State Trooper blow by you at 80 on his way to Dunkin Donuts!

Since I commute good distances, I rely on cruise control where I set it 1-2 mph less than that the 10 or 15 mph cushion the police set. Works pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Predicto View Post
    Have you ever been to Germany? There are only a few autobahns where you can speed freely. Anywhere that is not rural tends to have more strict speed limits than the US, and they enforce them.
    And IIRC to make it even more fun, even on the sections where there is no official speed limit there is a recommended maximum speed. And if involved in an accident while driving above said speed, IIRC you will (a) automatically void insurance coverage with many insurance packages, (b) if others are involved, one is automatically financially and possibly criminally and civil lawsuit liable, even if the other(s) were the idiots on the road (like for no reason suddenly swerving into your lane).
    Al Michaels: "That's the loudest manure chant I have ever heared!"

Sleeping barely above the sea... and walking under water

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234