Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm mildly concerned that Holmes isn't going to be a STs contributor. Our STs has sucked so far and Weems--while a bad return man--is an all around STs contributor. I can't imagine that Holmes will be. OTOH, Holmes will bring productivity in the offense that Weems wouldn't produce. So I guess it's a plus and a minus. And it could be a major plus with Holmes matched up against #3 and #4 CBs. So I guess I'm OK with it. But I really wonder about our STs.........
    Wouldn't it be great if we booted the 200 lawyers from the House and Senate and replaced them with economists? That way, we'd stop harming our economy with laws that would apply to the politicians, too.

In regard to the 3rd receiver, did anyone notice that in the PFT article discussing Holmes possible impact. The article mentions the season ending clavicle to Marquess Wilson? ?
    Sorry I can't provide the article---I'm not that technical. Has anyone else heard that Wilson's injury is season ending?

Link to Bear Bernie's article that he referenced. I think it's an error.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...cago/#comments

Quote Originally Posted by PC Load Letter View Post
    I wonder if this is also a sign that Chris Williams will be back soon and we're confident in him handling the return duties.
    Not trying to get after you here, but hopefully you are right, and have seen enough from practice, because they sure didn't let him do it in game 1. (Which they should have, they already knew what they had with Weems. Now that looks like a really bad move since he is gone.) Thankfully now, I won't have to wonder if Weems is going to get in a fight with someone after every kickoff.

Quote Originally Posted by TBATB54 View Post
    Not trying to get after you here, but hopefully you are right, and have seen enough from practice, because they sure didn't let him do it in game 1. (Which they should have, they already knew what they had with Weems. Now that looks like a really bad move since he is gone.) Thankfully now, I won't have to wonder if Weems is going to get in a fight with someone after every kickoff.
    This. It seemed like Weems negated every good play he had by making a bone-head mistake afterwards. I don't feel like there's any loss, especially since we signed that LB from CAR who is supposed to be a ST ace.

Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearmagic View Post
    maybe after aube returns from his honeymoon, he will share your optimism :)
    Darkness can only be lit, not fought.

Emery didn't draft well (again) and instead of taking a WR w/ speed (or just a decent one at that) he went for SLOW EGO and a RB that can't outrun either of my dachshunds. Hopefully M. Wilson isn't out too long because if Marshall and/or Jeffery go down, it'll be 2012 all over again! Cutler is not A. Rodgers. He can't make salad out of chicken poop.

BTW, w/ Fuller hurt we (again) are getting nothing from our draft class. Sutton is too raw, Ego is a joke, and Carey is about as fast as the fat guy chasing the ice cream truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Aube View Post
    Emery didn't draft well (again) and instead of taking a WR w/ speed (or just a decent one at that) he went for SLOW EGO and a RB that can't outrun either of my dachshunds. Hopefully M. Wilson isn't out too long because if Marshall and/or Jeffery go down, it'll be 2012 all over again! Cutler is not A. Rodgers. He can't make salad out of chicken poop.

BTW, w/ Fuller hurt we (again) are getting nothing from our draft class. Sutton is too raw, Ego is a joke, and Carey is about as fast as the fat guy chasing the ice cream truck.
    And here I thought Aube would have calmed down a bit after getting hitched. ;)
    "Nationalism is power hunger tempered by self-deception." - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by DaSuperfan View Post
    And here I thought Aube would have calmed down a bit after getting hitched. ;)
    you should read what he had to say about the best man.
    Your Chicago Bears: still learning about this newfangled thing called the "forward pass."

Quote Originally Posted by thunderspirit View Post
    you should read what he had to say about the best man.
    The word "hero" is frequently abused badly. This is a real hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post

Have to live up to my reputation :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12