Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Schaub never threw for over 30 TDs. He only threw over 25 once, and not until his 6th year in the league. And over 20 only three times. Dalton has hit at least 20 every year. Dalton's only three years are already better than Schaub's best three years of touchdowns, 80 to 75. Schaub was age 28, 29, and 31 for those seasons. Dalton will be age 27 for the upcoming season. Those are also the only three years Schaub has ever stayed healthy as a starter. Dalton has started every single game for his team. No Comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnut View Post
    Schaub never threw for over 30 TDs. He only threw over 25 once, and not until his 6th year in the league. And over 20 only three times. Dalton has hit at least 20 every year. Dalton's only three years are already better than Schaub's best three years of touchdowns, 80 to 75. Schaub was age 28, 29, and 31 for those seasons. Dalton will be age 27 for the upcoming season. Those are also the only three years Schaub has ever stayed healthy as a starter. Dalton has started every single game for his team. No Comparison.
    Yah, Andre Johnson has never scored double digit TDs and Schaub is a big reason for that. Even still, I think the Bengals would be ok with having a Houston like run. You're always shooting for SBs, but its pretty tough to guarantee them. You put yourself in the playoffs every year and work from there.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

You are a Fantasy football guy, it's obvious because you are swayed by TD's. I could go over it all again and show you how pointless it is to look at that stat to judge overall performance, but there's no point in discussing it further because we see football very differently. We'll see how Dalton does this year and pick it up then.

Quote Originally Posted by LASam View Post
    You are a Fantasy football guy, it's obvious because you are swayed by TD's. I could go over it all again and show you how pointless it is to look at that stat to judge overall performance, but there's no point in discussing it further because we see football very differently. We'll see how Dalton does this year and pick it up then.
    You're really the only one that ever said TDs are a pointless stat. You didn't show anything to back it up. You just said it, waved your hand and rambled about it being a poor indicator.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom298 View Post
    You're really the only one that ever said TDs are a pointless stat. You didn't show anything to back it up. You just said it, waved your hand and rambled about it being a poor indicator.
    And apparently you can't read.

I could go over it all again and show you how pointless it is to look at that stat to judge overall performance

In other words, looking at TD passes only and basing an assessment on that stat is pointless. As I pointed out quite clearly, Dalton had as many games where he played poorly as games he played well. All you have to do is look up his name and stats, it's not that hard. He had games where he threw 4 TD's to pad stats, and others where he stunk out loud including the playoffs. That is why looking at TD passes as a sole indicator of success is pointless.

And apparently you can't read.
    No, you're just not very good at articulating your point.

In other words, looking at TD passes only and basing an assessment on that stat is pointless.
    Much better. Although this is such a laughably simple argument it doesn't really even merit discussion. Obviously no one statistic tells the entire story. Touchdowns are one data point used to evaluate the overall performance. But they are definitely one of the more important metrics, far from pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom298 View Post
    No, you're just not very good at articulating your point.

Much better. Although this is such a laughably simple argument it doesn't really even merit discussion. Obviously no one statistic tells the entire story. Touchdowns are one data point used to evaluate the overall performance. But they are definitely one of the more important metrics, far from pointless.
    Then why did you respond? If you read the back and forth between myself and eaglesnut, you will clearly see that his focus was on TD passes and nothing else which is why I responded as I did. I articulated my point just fine if you take the time to actually read the entire post instead of jumping on one line as you clearly did.

Then why did you respond? If you read the back and forth between myself and eaglesnut, you will clearly see that his focus was on TD passes and nothing else which is why I responded as I did. I articulated my point just fine if you take the time to actually read the entire post instead of jumping on one line as you clearly did.
    33 TDs! Which is tied for the 33rd best mark ever for a single season. And he did it in only his third year. The only guys to do it at a younger age were Dan Marino (twice), Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, Matt Stafford and Daunte Culpepper.

If you were predetermined to prematurely decide against Dalton developing into a solid NFL QB the two things you would definitely ignore would be his touchdowns and his youth. As you have done throughout the thread.

33 TDs! Which is tied for the 33rd best mark ever for a single season. And he did it in only his third year. The only guys to do it at a younger age were Dan Marino (twice), Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, Matt Stafford and Daunte Culpepper.

If you were predetermined to prematurely decide against Dalton developing into a solid NFL QB the two things you would definitely ignore would be his touchdowns and his youth. As you have done throughout the thread.
    Smh. I'm not ignoring anything. I'm saying don't focus solely on his TD passes and decide he's a good QB, which is essentially what you are doing by ignoring all the other aspects that affect his game negatively. With the TD passes come a lot of interceptions as well. As I pointed out in earlier posts, he has nearly as many games where he plays poorly as ones where he plays well. Just look at his stat sheet game to game from last year. I've watched the guy completely **** the bed for 3 years in the playoffs. I'm not making stuff up here. I'm basing my opinion on what I see and looking beyond the cream at the top which is TD passes. Andy Dalton is good enough to get you beat in the first round. That is who he has been for the past 3 years. That obviously could change, but my point has simply been there is no reason to extend him when he has a year left on his contract at a low salary. Even if they had to franchise him next year, there is little difference between that and what they've guaranteed him for this season. All I'm saying is, make him prove it this year and make your decision based on that. They made their decision and we'll see how it pans out.

33 touchdowns doesn't mean 33 good plays. There's a whole lot of good plays that go into scoring that many touchdowns. That he had some bad games is to be expected from a young QB. Young QBs continue the highs and limit the lows. That is what developing is. He's shown the highs.

33 touchdowns doesn't mean 33 good plays. There's a whole lot of good plays that go into scoring that many touchdowns. That he had some bad games is to be expected from a young QB. Young QBs continue the highs and limit the lows. That is what developing is. He's shown the highs.
    I understand that, but he hasn't shown an ability to elevate his game which you should see in his 3rd as a starter. He's inconsistent and has not only played poorly in the big games, but been a major reason his team has lost because of TO's. We aren't going to agree on this so let's see how it turns out and pick it up later.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345