Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner View Post
    Why is that? I thought that was the way deaths are announced on this forum?
    Humorously appropriate and/or at least respectful is the way the titles should be. Unless the person who dies isn't worthy or deserving of either. Its perfectly understandable that someone who's been through what Brady went through would be a proponent of gun control. Your title whether it was intentional or not belittled that and came off a little gun-nut-ish......................imo.
    The world is a toll-free toilet
    Our mouths neurological ass0s
    And psychologically speaking
    We're in a state of mental diarrhea
    Talking sh*t a mile a minute
    Or in a state of constipated notions
    Can't think of nothin' but sh*t, and in this world of stinky futures
    Sh*tty memories and constipated 19 now-nows
    Emerges from the hiney of your head the doo doo chasers
    The Promentalsh*tbackwashpsychosisenemasquad
    Bringing you music to get your sh*t together by

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryHawkFan View Post
    I know that this a really emotional topic for you (it would be for me too probably if I was in your shoes), but what makes you think that even in his wildest dreams that Brady would have grabbed the kind of gun that you lawfully owned and defended your family with?
    He didn't support guns (at least initially) for any purpose other than sporting. His most famous quote is: “For target shooting, that's okay. Get a license and go to the range. For defense of the home, that's why we have police departments.”

His goals initially were a lot farther reaching than his accomplishments. But that's here nor there really. It's not like he didn't do some good things as a result of people compromising with him. I do think he's had an overall positive effect on the country to be honest. I didn't start this thread to disrespect him. The title may have been a poor choice but it was just my sarcasm and nothing more. Just a shout out to the people that I talk with more than anything. It was supposed to be good natured. I shouldn't have responded to APF and gone defensive which changed the tone of the thread. I like him but he's best ignored on subjects like this one.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Η ζωή ενός σκλάβου είναι όλοι καταλαβαίνετε, δεν ξέρεις τίποτα από την ελευθερία. Γιατί αν το κάνατε, θα μας ενθάρρυνε να πολεμήσουν, όχι μόνο με το δόρυ μας, αλλά και με ό, τι έχουμε.

Quote Originally Posted by Breed View Post
    Humorously appropriate and/or at least respectful is the way the titles should be. Unless the person who dies isn't worthy or deserving of either. Its perfectly understandable that someone who's been through what Brady went through would be a proponent of gun control. Your title whether it was intentional or not belittled that and came off a little gun-nut-ish......................imo.
    Wasn't my intention (my intention was humorously appropriate) and I can't figure out how to change the title so we're stuck with it.
    Last edited by Bridgeburner; 08-06-2014 at 12:02 PM.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Η ζωή ενός σκλάβου είναι όλοι καταλαβαίνετε, δεν ξέρεις τίποτα από την ελευθερία. Γιατί αν το κάνατε, θα μας ενθάρρυνε να πολεμήσουν, όχι μόνο με το δόρυ μας, αλλά και με ό, τι έχουμε.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12