So...I thought the Giants looked like garbage last night

It's super early and a few injuries and developing players could change the complexion of the NFC East pretty dramatically, but I see this as a two-team race between Philly and Washington right now.

The Giants' o-line still looks terrible. Eli is going to throw 30 picks. His receivers look mediocre and his top running back is Rashad Jennings.

The Cowboys have no defense now that Sean Lee is hurt, and top rookie Demarcus Lawrence is out for the first part of the season. Their offense actually looks very strong, but...Romo coming off two straight back surgeries is a recipe for (pre fourth quarter) disaster.

That leaves the politically incorrect natives from DC, with their Crip wideout and wheelchair accessible QB, as our top competition IMO. And their defense still looks softer than Desean Jackson on a crossing pattern.

I think 9-7 might win the east this year.

I don't think you can really tell much from watching a team playing the 1st of 5 preseason games that is installing a new offense. Don't get me wrong. I think the Giants and Eli suck. Just that I knew that before and if I didn't I wouldn't make that conclusion from anything I saw in the Hall of Fame game.

Well, I agree to an extent, but their offensive line looks like it didn't get any better.

i agree 9-7 wins the east, but i didnt gather that from last night.
    "Stop doing the wrong things. Stop promoting competition and choice as answers to the very inequality that was created by competition and choice."
    ~ Diane Ravitch, Reign of Error

Quote Originally Posted by iggles nut View Post
    I don't think you can really tell much from watching a team playing the 1st of 5 preseason games that is installing a new offense. Don't get me wrong. I think the Giants and Eli suck. Just that I knew that before and if I didn't I wouldn't make that conclusion from anything I saw in the Hall of Fame game.
    What he said

Its all about how the young players do and who their competition is when they do it. You almost have to ignore what the "guaranteed vets" do.

Im be looking at guys like Matthews, Huff, Ertz (blocking), the backup RBs, the backup DL, Marcus Smith, Travis Long, Carroll, Watkins, Wolff etc.

The NYG? They will probably be around 7-9 or so. Skins around 7-9 as well. I see Dallas in last place with around 5 wins.
    Last edited by swat; 08-05-2014 at 12:42 AM.

Kinda early but it can't help that their best RB is probably done...
    Chip is the man!

Did anyone see how bad Dallas looked on defense last night? They may actually be worse than last season.

I noticed. What a shame.
    Chip is the man!

On the other hand, I think DC looks improved. I stand by my prediction that it will be Skins-Eagles this year for the division.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggloo View Post
    Did anyone see how bad Dallas looked on defense last night? They may actually be worse than last season.
    Without question they will be worse. They have nobody on D. When they win it will be 51-49 games.
    "Stop doing the wrong things. Stop promoting competition and choice as answers to the very inequality that was created by competition and choice."
    ~ Diane Ravitch, Reign of Error

Unless they have a letdown game, the Birds will sweep the division. All the others have very porous defenses. The Skins O will be improved, but their D still stinks. Giants are in trouble, and Dallas will have a top 5 pick in the draft next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    Kinda early but it can't help that their best RB is probably done...
    I dunno. Jennings is stout and Andre Williams is a load.

If the Gints oline can gel in any way, the offense could be decent. Coughlin has been presumably dead in the water too many times for me to doubt his resolve.

"Me against the world? So what…Im Brian Dawkins
    versus the whole 0 and 16 Lions offense
    So bring on the Giants Falcons and Miami Dolphins…"