Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    That's a tough one. If they use the short-term IR designation on him, he can't play until week 8. Plus they can only use it on 1 player and to qualify for it they have to put him on the initial 53 man roster after final cuts which means they have to cut some other healthy player they like and hope they can get him back again after Wilson's spot opens up again.

Considering how unproven he is and that he's at best the 5th in the receiving pecking order, I'm just not sure it's worth it to use their only short-term IR designation on him. It's certainly also very questionable that it's worth holding a spot on the 53 man roster for him while you wait for him to get healthy.

So I'm thinking there's a pretty fair chance that he's headed for the standard IR list and we won't see him until next year. That's disappointing obviously, but may be in the long term best interests of all involved.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSuperfan View Post
    Heard on the Score Wilson underwent surgery today.
    I can't see him going on the IR, then. Shot in the dark after having broken my collarbone dogs' years ago, he'll heal up for a month or so and start strength training when the regular season starts. Unless the surgery goes wrong somehow, or the team wants to be extra-super careful with his recovery, he could be back by early October-ish.
    That the world is explicable is miraculous, and so explanations need not be the undoing of miracles.

We never learn anything, never in the world, and in spite of all the history books written. Thereís a regular warehouse of fine suggestions, and if weíre not better it isnít because there arenít plenty of marvelous and true ideas to draw on, but because our vanity weighs more than all of them put together.

Another wrinkle: maybe they do put him on the six-week IR, carry an extra TE, and use that time to evaluate their options at TE2.
    That the world is explicable is miraculous, and so explanations need not be the undoing of miracles.

We never learn anything, never in the world, and in spite of all the history books written. Thereís a regular warehouse of fine suggestions, and if weíre not better it isnít because there arenít plenty of marvelous and true ideas to draw on, but because our vanity weighs more than all of them put together.

Very disappointing. I expected Wilson to have a break out year.

Bears should trade for Denarius Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by TBATB54 View Post
    I was thinking that yesterday after reading a fantasy football blurb that suggested that Moore ought to get traded to a team that could play to his strengths better. I bet he could be had for cheap too since McKenzie didn't draft him and he seems to have fallen out of favor with the coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffaloaf View Post
    I was thinking that yesterday after reading a fantasy football blurb that suggested that Moore ought to get traded to a team that could play to his strengths better. I bet he could be had for cheap too since McKenzie didn't draft him and he seems to have fallen out of favor with the coaching staff.
    Also saw a twitter blurb today with a quote from Trestman that was something along the lines of: "we should have some more clarity on our 3rd WR spot in the next 48 hours." Sounded odd at first, but the more I pondered it...sounded like a roster addition. Wonder if they called Santonio Holmes' people.

Could bring Earl back...

I don’t think that he can go on any kind of IR right now without passing through waivers. If we try to place him on IR we run the risk of his being snatched up like the Pats just did with Tyler Gaffney. He would probably need to make the 53 first and go on IR after that, although I am not entirely sure what triggers guys running trough waivers to go on IR. I believe that it is some combination of their time served in the league, and what time of year it is. Either way, we just saw this happen, so we know that it’s the right time of year, and Wilson doesn’t have a lot of time under his belt.

I don’t see why we wouldn’t hold a spot for him though. He was slotted to be our number 3, and by all accounts has looked good in camp. The team should have an idea about what they have in him, and they seem to like him. This injury is a big bummer, but we should have him before mid season easily.

Quote Originally Posted by TBATB54 View Post
    That would be awesome. Moore isn't the best route runner but would destroy coverage as a WR3 and can take the top off of a defense.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSuperfan View Post
    So Wilson is out for the next 2-3 months with a broken collar bone, most likely. Pretty tough blow for a guy that has done a lot of good things this offseason. I was looking forward to seeing what he could do. Does Earl Bennett get a call now?
    I was REALLY excited about Wilson. And for me, that's saying something. Cutler was throwing him A LOT of passes at camp. Talk about solid evidence of potential!
    Darkness can only be lit, not fought.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12