Emery: I'm open to an Orton return ...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...-orton-reunion

To me...this says alot about what Trestman and Emery think about our #2 QB. NO WAY....Emery says this if Trestman and Emery are content with their #2 QB [i.e. Palmer or Clausen].

Thoughts/Opinions?

Agreed.
    Wouldn't it be great if we booted the 200 lawyers from the House and Senate and replaced them with economists? That way, we'd stop harming our economy with laws that would apply to the politicians, too.

I had forgot we made a play for Orton a few years ago when cutler went down. I do think it speaks volumes that at the very least we're not comfortable (which we shouldn't be) with the options behind Jay at QB.
    Basic, yes, but it was something we rarely saw under former Bears coordinator Ron Turner. Turner's idea of in-game adjustments involved his boxer shorts. -Rick Morrissey.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearmagic View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...-orton-reunion

To me...this says alot about what Trestman and Emery think about our #2 QB. NO WAY....Emery says this if Trestman and Emery are content with their #2 QB [i.e. Palmer or Clausen].

Thoughts/Opinions?
    To be fair, Emery has always talked about roster competition at all positions, especially during camp. But I agree, it's easy to come out and say that we're comfortable with what they have currently.

The old regime would have said "we like Palmer and Claussen, we like what they can do for us"
    Slightly better Jay, different day