Thoughts on my early rankings for my main league?

12 team league.

50 yards passing = 1 pt.
    30 RETURN yards = 1 pt.
    20 yards receiving = 1 pt.
    15 yards rushing = 1 pt.
    1 reception = 1 pt. (PPR)
    All TD's are 6, Fumbles -2, interceptions -2

My current roster (after declaring keepers):

QB - None
    RB - Sproles (RB3/4) & Woodhead (RB 3/4)
    WR - Harvin (WR2)
    TE - Cameron (TE1..but maybe TE2)
    Def - Patriots (Def1)
    K - None

And I am drafting 6 times in the first 20 picks (most will be used to keep players and I have a lot high picks).

So, here's my ranking of the top 20 players available...let me know what you think? I know...nobody has the same top 20..and different scoring and etc...this is just my preliminary ranking and it's how I would rank them if I had to draft RIGHT NOW with no research/pre-season.

In addition 9 of 12 teams already have QB's and I am drafting ahead of the other 2 teams who don't have a QB. So, hence my QB rankings below.

============

1 A. Rodgers
    2 Foster
    3 A.J. Green
    4 Marshall
    5 Bryant
    6 Graham
    7 Gronk
    8 Bernard
    9 Julio Jones
    10 Lynch
    11 Fitz
    12 Ray Rice
    13 Luck
    14 Vjax
    15 Witten
    16 Andre J
    17 Spiller
    18 Brady
    19 Gore
    20 Djax
    Last edited by Hyped; 08-02-2014 at 08:45 AM.
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

I'm really confused by your league setup. When I saw your keepers I assumed it was nobody drafted after x round the previous year, but then noticed the top 4 RBs and Calvin weren't in your rankings. How in the heck did you only wind up keeping those guys??

As for the rankings, Rodgers is the no brainer choice with 6 pt passing TDs if you can get him with your first pick.

I don't like Foster that high. Too much risk for me, dude just seems like he will never be back to normal. I'd put Gio ahead of him in PPR leagues and take your gamble on Spiller a few picks later.

I'd prob order the WRs Bryant, Marshall, AJ - but that's just me being picky. With the number of picks you have I'd think about taking Graham with your #2 pick instead of the WRs. Odds are you can grab one of those big 3 and then I absolutely love Fitz bouncing back this year so hopefully you can grab him.

Quote Originally Posted by PC Load Letter View Post
    I'm really confused by your league setup. When I saw your keepers I assumed it was nobody drafted after x round the previous year, but then noticed the top 4 RBs and Calvin weren't in your rankings. How in the heck did you only wind up keeping those guys??
    My league is a bit complicated...but the short answer is that we must keep a minimum of 3 players and up to 7: 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 1 Def, 1K, and 1 FLEX. The cost is +2 rounds the pick used to keep said player the previous year. So, we had a lot of players taken in rounds 1-3 last year kept for a 1st round pick...and some teams took guys like Calvin Johnson off the board (giving up a 7th plus a 1st to keep) and McCoy (giving up a 3rd plus a 1st to keep).

As for the rankings, Rodgers is the no brainer choice with 6 pt passing TDs if you can get him with your first pick.

I don't like Foster that high. Too much risk for me, dude just seems like he will never be back to normal. I'd put Gio ahead of him in PPR leagues and take your gamble on Spiller a few picks later.

I'd prob order the WRs Bryant, Marshall, AJ - but that's just me being picky. With the number of picks you have I'd think about taking Graham with your #2 pick instead of the WRs. Odds are you can grab one of those big 3 and then I absolutely love Fitz bouncing back this year so hopefully you can grab him.
    Interesting that you don't like Foster...and I agree...

I just swung a trade for Andrew Luck...I gave up 5.12 for Luck...now he will cost me a 5.12 and a 3.12....well worth it, IMO. Now I am trying to shop 1.02 because it will be Rodgers (the guy drafting 1.01 is a big Eagle homer and sacrificed a lot for Foles in the off-season...Foles was drafted in the 14th last year...so there's dramatic value for Foles..with him being 12...10...8...etc..in future years). Our system rewards those who find gems in the rough....
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

That does sound like an interesting league. I've been out of keepers for a while and only deal with redraft $ leagues, so that may skew my rankings and opinions.

What are your possible returns on 1.02? I'd be doing everything I could to package it for a deal including M. Ball.

Quote Originally Posted by PC Load Letter View Post
    That does sound like an interesting league. I've been out of keepers for a while and only deal with redraft $ leagues, so that may skew my rankings and opinions.

What are your possible returns on 1.02? I'd be doing everything I could to package it for a deal including M. Ball.
    I am currently in talks to moving down from 1.02 to round 2 for a **** load of picks in 2015....

I calculated that my worst team would be:

Luck
    Harvin, J.Jones, Fitz
    Lynch, Sproles, Woodhead
    C.Jordan
    Pats D...

Gotta like my chances with a roster like that...and I can use one of my 2015 picks to upgrade talent for a play off run at the deadline if needed...

I would keep the 1.02 and take AJ Green.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Η ζωή ενός σκλάβου είναι όλοι καταλαβαίνετε, δεν ξέρεις τίποτα από την ελευθερία. Γιατί αν το κάνατε, θα μας ενθάρρυνε να πολεμήσουν, όχι μόνο με το δόρυ μας, αλλά και με ό, τι έχουμε.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner View Post
    I would keep the 1.02 and take AJ Green.
    Traded the 1.02 and a 9th for a 2nd, 14th....plus a 2015 2nd, 5th, 12th....

Love it...and now I am trying to trade back into round 1, LOL....just trying to get back into round 1 by giving up LESS than what I got, LMAO!

That's half the fun of these leagues and drafts. Even if it doesn't work out it's usually worth the price of admission for the entertainment factor.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Η ζωή ενός σκλάβου είναι όλοι καταλαβαίνετε, δεν ξέρεις τίποτα από την ελευθερία. Γιατί αν το κάνατε, θα μας ενθάρρυνε να πολεμήσουν, όχι μόνο με το δόρυ μας, αλλά και με ό, τι έχουμε.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner View Post
    That's half the fun of these leagues and drafts. Even if it doesn't work out it's usually worth the price of admission for the entertainment factor.
    My basic strategy is to stockpile "upper middle class" players that will keep me competitive thru BYE weeks, injuries, and the unpredictability of the NFL season.

Around week 6-7...I'll have the league figured out...and start looking at players schedules for weeks 14-16 and target players who have favorable match ups....and hope they are on teams that are going nowhere.

Then at that point I will open up trade talks...but stall a bit...and make them sweat it up to the deadline...then BOOM make 3-4 big trades at the deadline by sacrificing my excess 2015 picks...and go on a title run....

Then in the off-season I will try to sell off those players as fast as possible (before people start thinking of keeper declaration) for ANYTHING...even mid to low picks....then repeat the process again.

Currently, I am the favorite in my own division the next 2 years...while another division is IMPOSSIBLY stacked (3 of the best teams are in that division alone with me being #4, IMO). I'll let them battle it out....and hopefully grab a #2 seed/1st round BYE...and only need to win 2 play-off games with talent acquired at the deadline.