Haslett making himself and the Redskins a target of Goodall's wrath

Haslett needs to shut his @ss up. All he's going to do is put a spotlight on us so Roger can job us the way he's done the Steelers, Saints and other teams he's targeted.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...d-differently/
    Daniel Snyder is a curse.

Haslett won't be the only coach or the last coach to raise a ruckus over this.

I read a while that one of the goals for the powers that be is to make it illegal for a defensive player to touch a WR/pass catcher until he's taken at least two steps after making a catch.

I'm not gonna make a proclamation or anything saying that will be the last straw for me far as watching/following football if that comes to pass, but I can't fathom that ever being the way football should be played.
    The world is a toll-free toilet
    Our mouths neurological ass0s
    And psychologically speaking
    We're in a state of mental diarrhea
    Talking sh*t a mile a minute
    Or in a state of constipated notions
    Can't think of nothin' but sh*t, and in this world of stinky futures
    Sh*tty memories and constipated 19 now-nows
    Emerges from the hiney of your head the doo doo chasers
    The Promentalsh*tbackwashpsychosisenemasquad
    Bringing you music to get your sh*t together by

We're in Trouble when we have Ed Hochuli and Jim Haslett debating the future of defensive issues in the NFL.
    Gang Way!

Quote Originally Posted by Rear Admiral View Post
    We're in Trouble when we have Ed Hochuli and Jim Haslett debating the future of defensive issues in the NFL.
    Don't mess with the Hoch. When he's 80, he'll still be wearing shirts 3 sizes too small to show off the pecs and guns. Come to think of it, he might be 80.

Actually, I think skinswin! is on to something. It's a red flag when a coach is whining like that. Has must realize he's in deep doggy... er pot roast... er kimshe to be yapping like a chihuahua over this. He has no faith in his horses.

Honestly, I've got no faith in Has. He's let Shanahan get run over for the lousy defense the team's played with him as the DC, and supposedly now he gets to coach the way he wanted to. That seems lame, and there's a lack of loyalty there.
    I use stats like a drunk uses lampposts - for support rather than illumination.

I think that comment is worth at least one game-losing defensive PI penalty.

I seriously cannot believe Haslett was retained. Chip Kelly thoroughly owned this guy last season. He could have hung 60 points easy on his defenses each game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruzious View Post
    Honestly, I've got no faith in Has. He's let Shanahan get run over for the lousy defense the team's played with him as the DC, and supposedly now he gets to coach the way he wanted to. That seems lame, and there's a lack of loyalty there.
    Yeah, there's definitely some plausibility in the "Haslett threw Shanny under the bus." scenaro. At the same time though, Shanny's the same coach who while in Denver. Immediately picked up 3/4 of Cleveland's sh*tty DL after they had been cut one year. Plus he's egotistical enough imo to where I see it as plausible that he would override things other coaches would want to do in favor of doing it his way.

I'm still blown away that after how many years with Rak. Haslett never thought it prudent or smart to show/work on different pass rushing moves with Rak that he wasn't using or familiar with. Not only was Has a LB coach at one time, he was also a LB in the NFL.
    The world is a toll-free toilet
    Our mouths neurological ass0s
    And psychologically speaking
    We're in a state of mental diarrhea
    Talking sh*t a mile a minute
    Or in a state of constipated notions
    Can't think of nothin' but sh*t, and in this world of stinky futures
    Sh*tty memories and constipated 19 now-nows
    Emerges from the hiney of your head the doo doo chasers
    The Promentalsh*tbackwashpsychosisenemasquad
    Bringing you music to get your sh*t together by

First off I don't blame Haslett for being pissed at the new rules and the comment. It's like telling a chef that he can't use eggs, then lecturing him that he'd better sharpen up his skills on omelet making.

As for why he has been retained trust me we are all puzzled. Let's hope the story of Shanny overruling him is true.
    6 Footers For Bogey Really Suck