Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Quote Originally Posted by ForWhoForWhat? View Post
    Um, for the 2nd time. That's exactly what happened. They came back here after already having had the serum administered IN AFRICA. Why this eludes you, i don't know other than your continued allergic reaction to facts.
    And for the second time, your comments are useless.

Have some context-

2) In the case of the Americans who contracted Ebola, they should have been sent to the finest hospital in whatever country they were in, and we should have sent over our "magic serum" to them IN AFRICA. How do you think that means I want us to turn their back on them? We should go out of our way to help people who catch Ebola and not just Americans either. We shouldn't reserve all the magic serums and protocols and studies for "our own," the life of a poor black man in Africa is worth the exact same as the life of an American missionary in Africa.

Read more: http://forums.kffl.com/threads/31262...#ixzz3A0NR9H1r
    That means they did at least part of what I think they should have done.

I know context and nuance aren't your strong suits. And the first time I referenced the "give them the serum in Africa" angle was on August 5th, one day after details of when/where the first dose was administered went public.

So you had a point the first time, you don't have one this time, because you are taking my comments out of context and selectively quoting.

Which is pathetic.
    “Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth, for being correct, for being you. Never apologize for being correct, or for being years ahead of your time. If you’re right and you know it, speak your mind. Speak your mind. Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is still the truth.” -Gandhi

Rational skepticism is not the same thing as being a conspiracy theorist.

Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream. -Muggeridge

At least you admit you're slow. Small victories.
    "Stop doing the wrong things. Stop promoting competition and choice as answers to the very inequality that was created by competition and choice."
    ~ Diane Ravitch, Reign of Error

Quote Originally Posted by Breed View Post
    I have no position per se as it concerns the how to handle the ebola situation. I merely suggested that an adequate temp lab could've been set up in Africa and seeing first hand/working directly with with a team of American Drs/scientists/nurses. Could've been an invaluable learning experience for African Drs/scientists/nurses. Kinda a give a man a fish/teach a man to fish deal. If I do have a position as it concerns this thread. It would be to stop trying to drag other people's beliefs through the mud because they disagree with you and/or others on how the ebola situation should've been handled.

As for the African poverty issue. If I could fix that. I'd be busy now doing things that the 1% within the 1% do and likely wouldn't have time to be here chit-chatting with the common folk among KFFL.
    One thing that's silly about your position is that the whole premise is that there already was American help in Africa. You're just saying that there wasn't nearly enough. I.e., you're saying many more Americans should have gone to Africa, spending a lot of money, all to avoid bringing a couple of Americans who already went back home.

But what's much sillier yet is the timing. Somehow, you want a major building and education project to have gotten done in the time it takes a couple of people with a deadly infectious disease to either die or not die from it.
    APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

Quote Originally Posted by AndromedaPatFan View Post
    One thing that's silly about your position is that the whole premise is that there already was American help in Africa. You're just saying that there wasn't nearly enough. I.e., you're saying many more Americans should have gone to Africa, spending a lot of money, all to avoid bringing a couple of Americans who already went back home.

But what's much sillier yet is the timing. Somehow, you want a major building and education project to have gotten done in the time it takes a couple of people with a deadly infectious disease to either die or not die from it.
    OK. Methinks though that you're a little too butthurt cuz I talked a little smack to ya in an above post and this is your attempt at some get back. Which is fine. As for the spending more money part and taking the facilities to the sick instead of bringing the sick home to the facilities. So what? America has indulged in many projects where penny pinching wasn't/isn't a concern. And I didn't say anything about erecting any major building(s) or starting up some major education project.
    The world is a toll-free toilet
    Our mouths neurological ass0s
    And psychologically speaking
    We're in a state of mental diarrhea
    Talking sh*t a mile a minute
    Or in a state of constipated notions
    Can't think of nothin' but sh*t, and in this world of stinky futures
    Sh*tty memories and constipated 19 now-nows
    Emerges from the hiney of your head the doo doo chasers
    The Promentalsh*tbackwashpsychosisenemasquad
    Bringing you music to get your sh*t together by

And I didn't say anything about erecting any major building(s) or starting up some major education project.
    You may not have meant to, but you did. That's what's required for care over there to be comparable to what it is here.
    APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

OK. Methinks though that you're a little too butthurt cuz I talked a little smack to ya in an above post and this is your attempt at some get back.

You know how the game is played, homey.
    "Biologists must constantly keep in mind that what they see was not designed but rather evolved." - Francis Crick.

"For since the creation of the world, God's invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

"It's one reason I hate reading what Tyke writes. It just annoys the hell out of me." - Big Pink Monkey

If it's such a risk, why is every medical org speaking in favor of it? Why the cover? What is the motive? If they can be treated as effectively over there, why bring them back here?

I'm seeing a lot of skirting a conspiracy theory about our government encouraging an outbreak of the disease in the States. So, why? Whats the motive.

This is all really stupid.

The experts are ok with it, I'm ok with it.
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by AndromedaPatFan View Post
    You may not have meant to, but you did. That's what's required for care over there to be comparable to what it is here.
    You have a bad habit of telling other people, and not just me it seems, what they're trying to say. Let me ease your mind though. I'm a growed up man with enough writing and reading (including comprehension) ability. To know what I'm saying and what I'm not saying. If you don't know what I'm saying or not saying. Or have a question about what I'm saying or not saying. All you need to do is ask and I'll break it down for ya.

You have a bad habit of telling other people, and not just me it seems, what they're trying to say. Let me ease your mind though. I'm a growed up man with enough writing and reading (including comprehension) ability. To know what I'm saying and what I'm not saying. If you don't know what I'm saying or not saying. Or have a question about what I'm saying or not saying. All you need to do is ask and I'll break it down for ya.
    I'm sorry, but sometimes I skip a few steps and go to the consequences.

And in this case I do actually mean I'm sorry, because that's not the best way to deal with you. You're unusually good about back-tracking when it's called for.

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

No worries, homey. I'm just havin some fun, talkin a lil' sh*t. I mean no offense myself.

btw, talkin a lil' sh*t is a good way to transmit ebola.
    Occupying the handicap bathroom stall

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    btw, talkin a lil' sh*t is a good way to transmit ebola.
    Than I've already killed countless men, women and children and will kill countless more no doubt.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314