Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Pacifier
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim in NYC View Post
    I would say it's the voters themselves that are screwing everything up.

In a democratic republic, that's where the ultimate power--and ultimate responsibility--lies. And the American people, by and large, abuse that power and shirk those responsibilities time and again.
    As much as i hate to say you're right about this, you're right about this, ultimately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunchuckz View Post
    I agree that the voters should get the bulk of the responsibility, but I do have to blame the simpleton message of the GOP that memorizes the masses like shiny gold. The message is attractive to lots of people, the problem is that the message depends on the listener to lack critical thinking skills.
    Which is where i too would initially place the blame, but hell, we have to do a better a job of steering friends and family through the misinformation so these ass clowns don't get into office.

I mean something as simple as factcheck.org; Last i checked, it's open season over there on revealing GOP candidate misinformation.
    "Stop doing the wrong things. Stop promoting competition and choice as answers to the very inequality that was created by competition and choice."
    ~ Diane Ravitch, Reign of Error

Fixed that for you. And if Americans lack critical thinking skills, whose fault is that? Possibly those who view the purpose of college as job training, rather than education?
    OK Jim, you're heatin' up today!
    "Stop doing the wrong things. Stop promoting competition and choice as answers to the very inequality that was created by competition and choice."

Quote Originally Posted by ForWhoForWhat? View Post
    As much as i hate to say you're right about this, you're right about this, ultimately.

Which is where i too would initially place the blame, but hell, we have to do a better a job of steering friends and family through the misinformation so these ass clowns don't get into office.

I mean something as simple as factcheck.org; Last i checked, it's open season over there on revealing GOP candidate misinformation.
    You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink. People have to have an open mind and that is often not the case.
    Fear is the mind killer

I would say it's the voters themselves that are screwing everything up.

In a democratic republic, that's where the ultimate power--and ultimate responsibility--lies. And the American people, by and large, abuse that power and shirk those responsibilities time and again.
    Preach it brutha Jim!

Couldn't agree more.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Η ζωή ενός σκλάβου είναι όλοι καταλαβαίνετε, δεν ξέρεις τίποτα από την ελευθερία. Γιατί αν το κάνατε, θα μας ενθάρρυνε να πολεμήσουν, όχι μόνο με το δόρυ μας, αλλά και με ό, τι έχουμε.

Yep. Not worth my time--and the Founders agreed with me, since up until 4 years ago, I wasn't what they had in mind to begin with.

But let's play your little game. Reagan put Scalia on the Supreme Court in 1986. The directly-elected Senate confirmed him on September 17. I think it's safe to say he's had a significant impact on the country in that time.

Name ten civil trials in the county of Queens from that month.
    LOL...just having fun at your expense.

Happy Friday!!!
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Superbelt View Post
    The Pacifier
    Predator.
    Gang Way!

Quote Originally Posted by Nunchuckz View Post
    You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink. People have to have an open mind and that is often not the case.
    I had a discussion this evening that reminded me this is also true.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner View Post
    Preach it brutha Jim!

Couldn't agree more.
    Jim is FOS. He is on the side of dumbing down the populace so they can vote en masse with his agenda - which he will tolerate no opposition to. You bought it, which is distressing. Welcome to Sheeple Class your seat is 9c.
    Last edited by Rear Admiral; 08-02-2014 at 05:43 AM.
    Gang Way!

Quote Originally Posted by ForWhoForWhat? View Post
    I heard him speak earlier this year that the clusterfark of the Sandy Relief Funds and the repeated "Fiscal Cliff Fiasco" frustrated him to the point of not seeking re-election. Should also be noted that while this particular article doesn't specifically name the GOP as the source of his frustration, Runyan previously expressed frustration with his own party.
    Alternative title: Pro Football player thinks cashing in on his name will equal easy money & success. Finds out the party machine cares more than about how well he blocked for the Iggles. Gives up.
    If the majority distributes among itself the things of a minority, it is evident that it will destroy the city. --Aristotle
    If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves. - Thomas Edison

Yes Vin thats exactly what happend. Rip the rational people in your party while cheering on the clowns that drive your party closer and closer to [national] irrelevance.

Don't you have some fraudulent voters to catch? Or do you all quit when you find out they're all republicans??

Quote Originally Posted by Vin Lombardi View Post
    Alternative title: Pro Football player thinks cashing in on his name will equal easy money & success. Finds out the party machine cares more than about how well he blocked for the Iggles. Gives up.
    Pretty sure the party machine is too focused on lining the pockets of corporations to have time to care about anything else.
    The stand your ground law is like bleach. It works miracles for whites but it'll ruin your colors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12