Mayor in the Bell, Ca corruption scandal sentenced

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireS...-case-24792321

Quote Originally Posted by article
    Kennedy (judge presiding over the case) said the former official should not have run for office because he couldn't read English and wound up rubber-stamping documents for corrupt city manager Robert Rizzo. Hernandez came to the U.S. from Mexico as a teenager.

Hernandez expressed remorse, saying, "The problem was my English." He said he should have asked more questions of Rizzo, who was collecting $800,000 a year for running the tiny blue-collar town of 35,000 people.
    A****inmazing.

Quote Originally Posted by article
    In the end, the judge said partial blame rests with the citizens of Bell, few of whom voted on city issues or attended council meetings. Although a few residents had expressed concerns about rumors of large salaries, the scandal didn't come to light until the Los Angeles Times obtained city officials' true salaries under threat of legal action and published them in 2010. The resulting outrage led to Bell residents recalling the entire city council.

"This wouldn't have happened if people were as interested then as they are now," Kennedy said.
    As good a reason as I've heard for people to be aware of what's going on with their local elected officials.
    The world is a toll-free toilet
    Our mouths neurological ass0s
    And psychologically speaking
    We're in a state of mental diarrhea
    Talking sh*t a mile a minute
    Or in a state of constipated notions
    Can't think of nothin' but sh*t, and in this world of stinky futures
    Sh*tty memories and constipated 19 now-nows
    Emerges from the hiney of your head the doo doo chasers
    The Promentalsh*tbackwashpsychosisenemasquad
    Bringing you music to get your sh*t together by

Since I plan to live in Dallas a very long time, I'm starting to pay attention. There is no way to explain the actions of city council members except for personal benefit. The FBI just indicted John Wiley Price, but I bet if you took a close look at any of their bank accounts, you would find some ****ed up ****.
    "And if there is nothing that can so hide the face of our fellow-man as morality can, religion can hide from us as nothing else can the face of God." -- Martin Buber

"You do not like religion; we started from that assumption. But in conducting an honest battle against it, which is not completely without effort, you do not want to have fought against a shadow like the one with which we have struggled." -- Friedrich Schleiermacher

$800K for being a city manager....where do I sign up?

Gotta be another dumb small town out there that would pay me.....hmmm....
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Just be smarter than this guy and have an exit plan.

Though, Rizzo is clearly a leprechaun.

You'd think he could just disapparate.
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.