Thread: #18 Article

#18 Article

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?story...es-again%22%7D

I recommend this to everyone - except Lucas.

I recommend it especially to Lucas. ;)
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" --Thomas Edison

NFL Bronco goes whining around about #18 too.

Thank you SS

I have tremendous respect for Peyton Manning and the dedication he puts into the game - the study, the practice, the reps, etc

But this article, indirectly, speaks of what concerns me - Peyton's hyper-focus and micromanagement of the offense, which leaves no room for improvising or making something out of nothing ...

All those perfectly timed routes can be nullified by excellent coaching and execution by a good defense ... and I don't think there is a Manning fan who cannot deny the fact that he ( Manning ) gets rattled and thrown off his game when things begin to stray from the plan ..

Sometimes you need to draw a few up in the dirt or rely on your improvisational skills
    Last edited by lucas707; 08-02-2014 at 06:22 AM.
    My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.
    ― Ayn Rand, Anthem

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
    ― Oscar Wilde

And by the stream there cometh up on its edge, every kind of fruit-tree whose leaf fadeth not; and its fruits hath been for food, and its leaf for medicine.

- Ezekiel 47:12

I agree with that Lucas .. that fist year with the Broncos Manning or the staff would make them huddle up when the O was struggling . I sure hope someone pointed this out to them ..

this would of helped them out in the SD ,Colts and the SB ...I am probably missing a few games....

Quote Originally Posted by lucas707 View Post
    I have tremendous respect for Peyton Manning and the dedication he puts into the game - the study, the practice, the reps, etc

But this article, indirectly, speaks of what concerns me - Peyton's hyper-focus and micromanagement of the offense, which leaves no room for improvising or making something out of nothing ...

All those perfectly timed routes can be nullified by excellent coaching and execution by a good defense ... and I don't think there is a Manning fan who cannot deny the fact that he ( Manning ) gets rattled and thrown off his game when things begin to stray from the plan ..

Sometimes you need to draw a few up in the dirt or rely on your improvisational skills
    This - I think - is a fair criticism. Yet, I would argue it is uniquely a criticism borne out of the expectation - that observors of Peyton Manning have an out sized expectation of his ability to deliver the win simply because he is a quarterback who works for our team. I saw this same criticism leveled at John Elway for years he too created an outsized expectation of victory - due to his individual brilliance, but lost early and often in the playoffs or Super Bowls. It wasn't until the Broncos let Terrell Davis at least divided that expectation for individual brilliance causing Super Bowl victories. The talk of the time is that the Broncos had become TD's team.

Here's where I agree with your criticism - last season this Bronco's team over achieved in record and advancement in the playoffs playing above their overall talent (among the non-injured roster) and led by the brilliance of Peyton Manning. It is not Peyton Manning's limitation that defeating Peyton Manning's timing would result in defeating the Broncos - that's not Peyton's fault - that is the fault of the team (and the fans) relying too heavily on Peyton Manning to singlehandedly win the Super Bowl for them. But yes - the Seahawks reasoned that if they could disrupt Manning's timing they would stab a knife into the heart of the Bronco's chances to win the game and that tactic worked far better probably than anyone imagined it would.

The Broncos seem to recognize this - as they have concentrated on building up the defense - in response to what happened to Peyton Manning and the offense in the Super Bowl. If the Broncos can create defensive dominence - then they can win when Manning has a bad day. Having a real horse at running back - or a at least one that can pick up 3rd and 4th for short yardage reliably - would be another compliment to what Peyton Manning brings.

And another reason to respect 18:

http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/8...-chris-crowson

Quote Originally Posted by SpringStein View Post
    A supremely classy person - that Peyton Manning is - no matter what Lucas says about him.

If we started a new thread everytime there was another extensive article on Peyton, we wouldn't have much else on the from page. But this is another must read:

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...e-from#!bJ77nO

Thanks SS - that was superb - one of the top Manning articles I have ever read.

driven seems to run in the family

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ney-well-spent

this comish is a waste of good skin ..I now hate the buzzard!

Quote Originally Posted by SpringStein View Post
    If we started a new thread everytime there was another extensive article on Peyton, we wouldn't have much else on the from page. But this is another must read:

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...e-from#!bJ77nO

Wish we had some politicians that motivated.
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" --Thomas Edison