Keepers due today! Would like some input.

Hello again my KFFL brethren. I am sure everyone is ready for another year of fantasy football.

Keepers for some reason are due 7/31 in my league. It is a long term keeper league(This is the 14th year). 10 teams, 5 keepers each team. We start 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 k, 1 d. 2 points per 50 passing, 2 points per 20 rush and recpt, 6 per TD. .05 ppr.

Lost in the title game last year so looking for revenge.

I pick 8th in a non-serpt draft in each round. Trying to do deals but not getting any bites for extra picks and such. Need to keep 5

P. Manning
    Kaepernick
    J. Charles
    G. Bernard
    R. Bush
    M. Crabtree
    V. Jackson
    R. White

Been trying to make deals(Even put Manning in a deal or two). If I drop Kaepernick in this league he will be gone fast and just consider it is a keeper league when deciding who to keep.

As of now with no offers I still have to keep manning, Charles, Bernard, and then I was also going to keep Crabtree and VJax.

Agree? Keep Bush instead? start 3 wr and 2 RB.

Both QBs, Charles, Bernard, and flip a coin between Crabtree and Jackson...none of those WRs excite me in a 10-team league.

Quote Originally Posted by rjohmit View Post
    Both QBs, Charles, Bernard, and flip a coin between Crabtree and Jackson...none of those WRs excite me in a 10-team league.
    I HAVE thought of that(2 QBs), but since we start only 1 and also 3 WR's, that's why I was thinking of keeping 2 WR's and may have a chance to snag Kap back in round 1 if most keep their starting QB's, as they will be concentrating on RB's in all likelyhood.

Thanks for the input. Where is everybody on here? This site has had many more people on come Aug. Looks kind of empty for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalEagle View Post
    I HAVE thought of that(2 QBs), but since we start only 1 and also 3 WR's, that's why I was thinking of keeping 2 WR's and may have a chance to snag Kap back in round 1 if most keep their starting QB's, as they will be concentrating on RB's in all likelyhood.

Thanks for the input. Where is everybody on here? This site has had many more people on come Aug. Looks kind of empty for the most part.
    There's no guarantee Manning will play a full season...or one of them could be trade bait at some point during the season if someone's QB gets injured.

My picks are strictly based on value. In a redraft, you wouldn't take ANY of those WRs ahead of the 5 guys I said you should keep. None of those WRs is better than a WR2 in a 10-team league.

Keeping an inferior player and hoping to select one you should have kept with your first pick doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by rjohmit; 07-31-2014 at 06:31 PM.

1. P. Manning
    2. J. Charles
    3. G. Bernard
    4. R. Bush
    5. V. Jackson
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Η ζωή ενός σκλάβου είναι όλοι καταλαβαίνετε, δεν ξέρεις τίποτα από την ελευθερία. Γιατί αν το κάνατε, θα μας ενθάρρυνε να πολεμήσουν, όχι μόνο με το δόρυ μας, αλλά και με ό, τι έχουμε.

^ Concur with BB
    Last edited by Underdog; 07-31-2014 at 08:04 PM.
    "I will punch you." - Wounded Bear

In a 10 team league Kaepernick isn't even a valid starter. He is not a keeper option for you in the least and, unless you find a real rube, shouldn't be considered a trade asset as no one should be giving up a draft pick for him. Hell Kaepernick isn't a valid keeper in that set up even if you trade Manning.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner View Post
    1. P. Manning
    2. J. Charles
    3. G. Bernard
    4. R. Bush
    5. V. Jackson
    ^^^
    This is the correct answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner View Post
    1. P. Manning
    2. J. Charles
    3. G. Bernard
    4. R. Bush
    5. V. Jackson
    I keep Roddy White instead of Reggie Bush here.
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Hyped View Post
    I keep Roddy White instead of Reggie Bush here.
    That's my main reason for posting and I should have clarified my thinking...Its that 5th spot I keep going over and over what to do.

Keep Bush, highest ranking of the 3 but a backup

Go with the upside of Crabtree on a contract year and healthy(I am very high on him)

Stick with Roddy, also now healthy and a good scorer in PPR leagues and part of an awesome combo with a good QB.

From what I am seeing on the posts, Bush may be the best way to go.

Decisions, decisions...Got till 9pm PST to decide. Thanks everyone for the input. Does help.