Mark Cuban on Rand Paul

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/30/opinio...storygallphoto

Cupp: Is Rand Paul the right's best shot at the White House?
    Cuban: I hope not. Dogma is not a solution. There are no absolute answers to any questions that concern the country. I want someone who thinks things through, not someone who refers to a "manual."

Been saying this about libertarians for years. Love this man.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Mark Cuban is either an idiot or not paying attention.

He has a very apt answer for *Ron* Paul above. Rand is a lot more "pragmatic", or willing to go with the establishment on items to further his own ambitions. He is certainly not dogmatic at all.
    If the majority distributes among itself the things of a minority, it is evident that it will destroy the city. --Aristotle
    If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves. - Thomas Edison

Tell 'em Vin, "don't talk about my mama" (or in this case daddy)!
    "Stop doing the wrong things. Stop promoting competition and choice as answers to the very inequality that was created by competition and choice."
    ~ Diane Ravitch, Reign of Error

What manual and why don't I have it?

Establishment types don't think things through they just go with the status quo. Rand has different opinions because he has thought things through. Weird response from Cuban. He probably just doesn't pay much attention. He's got his already so no surprise there.

free markets don't work.
    Fear is the mind killer

Libertarians are dogmatic? News to me....
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Nunchuckz View Post
    free markets don't work.
    That totally explains why bitcoin continues to be adopted at rapid fire pace.
    "There were many ways of not burdening one's conscience, of shunning responsibility, looking away, keeping mum. When the unspeakable truth of the holocaust then became known at the end of the war, all too many of us claimed that they had not known anything about it or even suspected anything."

- Richard Von Weizsaecker

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowknifer View Post
    Compared to what?
    "the blade itself incites to violence." - Homer

--

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - Kung fu Monkey

bitcoin is quite controlled in terms of how many are created each year.
    Fear is the mind killer

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryHawkFan View Post
    Compared to what?
    betamax and laser disks.
    "Stop doing the wrong things. Stop promoting competition and choice as answers to the very inequality that was created by competition and choice."
    ~ Diane Ravitch, Reign of Error

How many bitcoins can I get for a stanley nickel?
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

Yup... so much that over here shopkeepers are turning away from them, due to the amount they are (not) used by customers.
    Al Michaels: "That's the loudest manure chant I have ever heared!"

Sleeping barely above the sea... and walking under water

Quote Originally Posted by Nunchuckz View Post
    bitcoin is quite controlled in terms of how many are created each year.
    Do you understand what you're saying?
    "There were many ways of not burdening one's conscience, of shunning responsibility, looking away, keeping mum. When the unspeakable truth of the holocaust then became known at the end of the war, all too many of us claimed that they had not known anything about it or even suspected anything."

- Richard Von Weizsaecker