Romo not quite able to practice in Dallas

The Cowboys appear to be in major trouble this season. They are soft pedaling it, but Tony Romo does not appear to be fully recovered from his back surgery and is having to miss practices at training camp. Kyle Orton retired, after taking a good chunk of Jerry's money in a settlement, so it would be up to...Brandon Weeden to guide America's team into another season out of the playoffs if Romo could not last the season.

All of which sounds just awesome!

From the Dallas Morning News:

Tony Romo’s training camp took another curious turn Tuesday.

Head coach Jason Garrett said the quarterback wouldn’t go in the afternoon session. A few hours earlier, executive vice president Stephen Jones said that Romo would practice.

This doesn’t represent a split at the top of the organization. What is does indicate is the confusion over any sort of plan in place to get the quarterback ready for the start of the season.

“Tony is not going to do anything this afternoon,’’ Garrett said. “He got his work in this morning in some of the walk thru sessions.’’

Garrett stressed that Romo has not had any setbacks since camp began and added that, “hopefully he’ll come back and have a good day tomorrow.’’

Hopefully? Garrett also said the coaching staff decided to keep Romo out of the afternoon practice because the team was going to work on some very competitive two-minute situations.

If Romo is as healthy as the Cowboys claim, wouldn’t they want their starting quarterback to get some work in those two-minute situations?

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/20...in-place.html/

Eh, this is much ado about nothing. Romo is coming off back surgery. You don't rush him back into a full routine until you assess and let him rest a bit so can work back into it. Besides, the less Tony Romo practices the 2 minute drill = the better.
    Gang Way!

RA, I live in Texas, so I hear all these reports about Romo on the radio, and they said during a recent live period in practice he handed off all but four times. He hardly threw at all. Something is up. I think he is experiencing pain and they are trying to downplay it.

As much as I enjoy their misery, this will ultimately prove to be a great season to suck, as I think they will get their franchise passer in the draft.

That team is objectively one of, if not, THE worst team in football this year, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles Psycho View Post
    As much as I enjoy their misery, this will ultimately prove to be a great season to suck, as I think they will get their franchise passer in the draft.

That team is objectively one of, if not, THE worst team in football this year, IMO.
    I don't put alot of stock in anything I hear coming from reporters on the Cowboys. One I read went on a big long spiel about how JG needs a contract extension NOW, being it the last year of his contract, to avoid any distractions. WTF would you give JG a contract extension when he should have been fired two years ago and every yesterday since? He's the WORST kind of idiot; a Princeton idiot (as if that necessarily makes him smart) with his nose so far up Jerry's azz we all know even his short hairs are red. He MUST GO.

Romo, I am hearing just as much as what I typed above - bring him along slowly. It's what, Day 5-6 of camp? Oh, my, he's not doing two minute drills in the second of a two-a-day in the heat! He's DONE, FINITO ROMO!! (as if that would be some great tragedy)

Then I have heard some OUTLANDISH BI**** about how THIS is the YOUNGEST, MOST TALENTED ROSTER on the Cowboys since 07, and how Garrett will get the MOST out of his hand selected crew - when Garrett wouldn't know how to do that no matter HOW MANY former HC's he brings in - or Jerry brings in.

JG must go. He's Dreadful. He doesn't learn. He makes the same mistakes OVER and OVER and OVER. Oh, yes, we shall suck, there is NO DENIAL on the issue here - the only glimmer of hope we have is our young OL coming together to form a RUNNING GAME that keeps our DEFENSE on the SIDELINE. But JG won't run it anyway, so what's the big hoopla. We have retreads on defense. Lee cannot stay healthy. We have a FEW good players and a promising rookie DE - who I haven't even seen nor heard hide nor hair from yet.

We have Jerrah, which means we have Jason, which means WE - and we alone - should be eligible for playoff entry at 7-9. If we can overcome them two to 7 wins we deserve a post-season shellacking. BTW I predict a pickle juice style shellacking at the hands of Frisco on Opening Day. Let's get this party started!
    Last edited by Rear Admiral; 07-30-2014 at 12:56 AM.
    Gang Way!

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles Psycho View Post

Let them have the #1 overall pick. As long as Jerry's involved they'd still mess it up.
    "Stop doing the wrong things. Stop promoting competition and choice as answers to the very inequality that was created by competition and choice."
    ~ Diane Ravitch, Reign of Error

He'll get his QB (probably Mariota-ouch!), but then he'll get killed by his OL sieve, and they're back to square 1.

That team is probably going to be rough due to their D. Romo will probably be ok though. Then again, maybe not.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by old duke View Post
    He'll get his QB (probably Mariota-ouch!), but then he'll get killed by his OL sieve, and they're back to square 1.
    Our OL is about to become dominant. We have 3 #1 picks, two of whom are performing as such, the 3rd is a rookie and by all accounts may be the best of the lot.

Our D is the sieve.

But we have the Secret Weapon: JG on the 10 year plan.
    Gang Way!

Cowboys have a nice offense with a young and possibly great offensive line. Good skill position players with Dez and T.Williams, a vet in Witten and the young TE I really liked from SDSU Gavin Escobar. Murray is a versatile and good RB, though they could use some depth here, especially with Murray's injury past. Besides that I really dislike (love as an eagles fan) their QB and defense.

They still suck.
    Chip is the man!

I'd rather Romo be healthy. That guy is hilariously awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Birds4life81 View Post
    Cowboys have a nice offense with a young and possibly great offensive line. Good skill position players with Dez and T.Williams, a vet in Witten and the young TE I really liked from SDSU Gavin Escobar. Murray is a versatile and good RB, though they could use some depth here, especially with Murray's injury past. Besides that I really dislike (love as an eagles fan) their QB and defense.
    I agree with that. They have pretty good talent at the skill positions and have largely addressed their offensive line.

Unfortunately for them, Romo is QB and his backup is Brandon Weeden.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggloo View Post
    RA, I live in Texas, so I hear all these reports about Romo on the radio, and they said during a recent live period in practice he handed off all but four times. He hardly threw at all. Something is up. I think he is experiencing pain and they are trying to downplay it.
    its still early in camp, now if hes having problems by the 4th week then there gonna be worried