Kyle Rudolph Extention

The team and Kyle Rudolph signed a five-year contract extension worth $36.5 million, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Sunday, per a source who has seen the deal.

I can actually see both sides of the argument on this one:

In one sense that is a good deal because Graham settling for so little money really screwed the TE market up and a guy as young as Rudolph with as much potential impact is a steal for this amount.

On the other hand it probably is too early to give Rudolph that kind of money though. We are talking about a pass catcher that caught 12 yards less over his first 3 years in a Viking uniform than Troy Williamson did.

We could have played out this season and tagged him and signed him to pretty much the exact same deal in all likelihood as this is top 5 money for a TE as it is. The only way we would have paid a ton more is if he goes crazy this year.

So what side of the argument you fall on?

I tend to think it is too good of a deal to pass up. With Turner in town and him knowing how to get TE's the ball, there is a solid chance that with improved QB play that Rudolph is going to be huge this season and I trust his future potential enough to hand out the deal now.

Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    So what side of the argument you fall on?

I tend to think it is too good of a deal to pass up. With Turner in town and him knowing how to get TE's the ball, there is a solid chance that with improved QB play that Rudolph is going to be huge this season and I trust his future potential enough to hand out the deal now.
    I am on the side of your last paragraph. I think Turner is going to be phenomenal for this team!!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    I think Turner is going to be phenomenal for this team!!
    The only thing I hope he does is develop the guy in my avatar to an above average player at his position. He does that and we'll give him a $1 million bonus. ; )

It actually isn't top 5 money, he's 6th in terms of guaranteed money, which is good considering most new deals put you at the top of the list.

Are you ready for another ex-Packer?

Jermichael Finley @JermichaelF88 52m
    Twin Cities ✈️

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoViking View Post
    Are you ready for another ex-Packer?

Jermichael Finley @JermichaelF88 52m
    Twin Cities ✈️
    I think Finley just has some local ties here so I wouldn't say that just because he is on a flight here that it means that it is official business with the Vikes. Same thing happened early in the offseason when he tweeted about being in the Twin Cities.