Need IMMEDIATE advice:

12 team keeper league, PPR, have 1.01 and am stacked for the draft (three 2nds, two 3rds, and two fives while keeping Sproles, Woodhead, Harvin, Cameron CLE TE, Pats D, a 12, a 13, and a 14).

I got this offer:

My 1.01 and my 14th rounder for

His 1.02 and a 9th rounder

============

The #1 guy on my board is Calvin Johnson. After him, the following guys are available:

RB: McCoy, Forte, Lynch, Bernard, Foster, Rice

QB: P.Manning, Luck

WR: Green, Bryant, Marshall, Julio Jones

TE: Graham, Gronk, Witten

============

This is a no brainer.....right? Yeah, I'd love a sure thing like Calvin Johnson...but 1.02 is a little dicey and right now I'd be drafting McCoy...and I already have Sproles....

But I think I can flip the 1.02 though....or take McCoy and trade either him or Sproles.....

Do it? Right?
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Additional info: The difference between a 9th and a 14th rounder in our league is marginal....but I could flip it for something else....
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Do it. But how is McCoy not going #1?

Also, I suspect that for many weeks of the year that if Sproles is a good fantasy play it will be in addition to McCoy being a great fantasy play. If you think Sproles is going to limit McCoy's fantasy value I think that you're thinking wrong. He's probably a good handcuff to have in case of McCoy injury. Sproles won't get all the carries, but his usage would increase in both the pass and run games, and definitely around the goal line.

I like McCoy, but over recent years I have started to view WR's as the safer pick vs. a RB. CJ is the only sure thing, IMO.

Not worried about Sproles and McCoy at the same time...worried about the Eagles having one bad game that = 22% of my roster or 66% of the RB's I start.

BTW, gonna pass up CJ and accept the trade....

I think you can make the argument that Marshall vs Calvin is a discussion, so I'd take the trade.
    "Personal foul, 69, offense. He was giving him the business."

Quote Originally Posted by Hyped View Post
    BTW, gonna pass up CJ and accept the trade....
    You know your league better than me, but you'll get Calvin at #2 if the guy at #1 makes the best pick he can make.

Also, IMO, it's as likely that Calvin and Sproles suck the same week as it is that McCoy and Sproles suck the same week. Same team be damned. I have never been afraid of that in fantasy. Actually I do the opposite and load up on players from the elite offenses. I love a QB-WR or QB-TE combo.

Quote Originally Posted by MKHawk View Post
    I think you can make the argument that Marshall vs Calvin is a discussion, so I'd take the trade.
    This was my thinking...

Might trade down some more and grab Marshall as well as additional picks.

Our league keeps players +2 rounds over the round they were drafted/kept in the prior year. So, there is some value in gaining low picks...last year I drafted Harvin in the 11th knowing he was hurt...now I am keeping him for a 9th...next year 7th..and so on...

So, Marshall + a pick is a good deal for me to move down from McCoy...