Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boners

Quote Originally Posted by Rear Admiral View Post
    Well, what it is it? HOA? Neighbors? Can't sell it due to glut in Vegas? What gives it that old sturdy helmet salute?
    Lost about 70% of its value at one point. Now about 50% of its value. Cannot sell. Most of the complex is renters now, which actually makes HOA a good thing believe it or not, since renters are generally a bunch of lazy and disgusting animals. I have lived here alone for about half of that time, and it hurts my opportunity to save money and have more disposable income than I do.

I would have short-sold earlier, but I really do like the place, and never bought it for the purpose of re-selling soon after. Still a nice kick in the balls.
    Burn like an LA sunset, colorful, toxic

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonett View Post
    Lost about 70% of its value at one point. Now about 50% of its value. Cannot sell. Most of the complex is renters now, which actually makes HOA a good thing believe it or not, since renters are generally a bunch of lazy and disgusting animals. I have lived here alone for about half of that time, and it hurts my opportunity to save money and have more disposable income than I do.

I would have short-sold earlier, but I really do like the place, and never bought it for the purpose of re-selling soon after. Still a nice kick in the balls.
    Oh Gawd, I know what you mean. We own a few apartment buildings. I once dated a Gal - this is off topic but germane - whose folks never owned a house in her (or their, evidently) whole life. Her car was a MESS, her apartment a MESS. She was like a walking LITTER BUG. Had NO RESPECT for anybody else's belongings, she'd put HOT PANS down right on vulnerable countertops. Ran the dryer into the repair shop, the list goes on. I vowed NEVER AGAIN to date a woman who came from a 'renter family'. Sorry - some out there might be Swell - my experience swore me off 'em forever.
    Gang Way!

So I'm newly single this year as some of you might remember, and I haven't quite gotten that muscle memory back for flirting with girls. I liken it to trying to throw a football with my left hand - I know what I should do, but when it comes out it isn't pretty.

Last week I was taking the stairs down to go to lunch, and a cute girl starts going down the stairs half a flight ahead of me around level 4 or so. I start doing the mental sizing up - she's not too tall for me, she's pretty but not out of my league, no ring on her finger, she was wearing a skirt and had tan slightly muscular legs so she must run, etc... Anyways, get to the bottom of the stairs and I start thinking about some big work project that I just got out of a meeting for while walking. She then "accidentally" dropped her ID badge, which was on a clip-on so it would have been hard (but not out of the realm of possibility) to have just fallen off. I, in my daze, just smile at her and point at the badge when she turns around. *facepalm*

About a half second later my brain floods with everything I should have done: stop to pick it up, look at her name, make a joke about her having a rough day, etc. Instead: point, smile, and keep walking... Total boner move.
    If the majority distributes among itself the things of a minority, it is evident that it will destroy the city. --Aristotle
    If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves. - Thomas Edison

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123