Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sunglasses

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner View Post
    Mine are comfortable too.

Do you have exceptionally odd shaped head or something? I'm trying to picture what they would do to make sunglasses worth $300. For $30 I can get comfortable and durable glasses with good lenses. That's all I'm saying.
    There's certainly a large brand name/fashion mark up.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    There's certainly a large brand name/fashion mark up.
    And honestly, if that's your thing I'm good with that. I spend more on certain things just because that's what I want and I can afford it. It's illogical but I do it anyway.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Η ζωή ενός σκλάβου είναι όλοι καταλαβαίνετε, δεν ξέρεις τίποτα από την ελευθερία. Γιατί αν το κάνατε, θα μας ενθάρρυνε να πολεμήσουν, όχι μόνο με το δόρυ μας, αλλά και με ό, τι έχουμε.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    I bought this pair of Maui Jim's about a year ago:

http://bit.ly/1nJCXHN

I love them as much as person should love and inanimate object. I bought them on Amazon with an Amazon Credit card and received an additional $50 off. Before this, I had a pair of Ray Bans that did not last (the rubber on the ear stems came off about a year after I owned them), and a pair of Oakleys that were nice, but kind of heavy. These Maui Jims are so light, I usually forget I'm wearing them. The lens quality is also second to none. Now, they are so light, I think they would not withstand a lot of punishment.
    I've heard Maui Jims are the shizzznit.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

For S&Gs I found it online:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sourc...06675362543687

The price they had listed for a burgandy pair was $425.

3rd pair down

Went out shopping and tried a bunch on. Costa Del Mars with 580 glass lenses looked the absolute best, with actual class Maui Jims a close second. I only found a couple Costas I liked though, and they all ended up being too narrow for my fat face. I actually thought the MJ's with plastic lenses were slightly better than the plastic Costas. Glass lensed Hobie were actually right up there with the polycarbonate ones from the other two. And their plastic ones were right in line with Revo, Ray Ban, and Oakley that I tried.

As far as aesthetics Maui Jim clearly had the best looking frames imo. Also the most durable. And the largest selection of widths. I was all set to go home and order the exact pair of MJ's in exactly the colorn size and style I wanted. I stopped in one more place to try on one more pair, and they had a clearance sale going on and we're no longer going to carry Hobie glasses. So I got 75% off on a pair of $200 glasses. I'm happy with that.

One dollar and fifty-two cents for the ones in the ad at the top of the page.

I have a similar pair of MJ's that are about 15 years old and in great shape. They are great, light, and excellent lenses not to mention very durable. 5 years ago I got another pair with more solid frames just for a change of pace and they are fantastic too. Costal Del Mar is also a great sport/casual pair for the beach, sports, water ect... Their lenses are great and really reduce glare, great for protection and durable ala, don't have to worry about messing them up when outside playing or at the beach and in the water.
    Be Thankful for Everything for Soon there will be Nothing!

Not gonna lie, as an ex-ballplayer I'm biased for the Oakley M-frames...
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    ex-ballplayer ...
    So many ways to run with that
    I promise I won't do it again

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123